Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze and What: Buttery Wax or Americana Past

jalcombright

Question

All -

What should I use?  My cars are in excellent shape, but I want to take it to the next level by hand.  There is some contamination from living in a new development in NoCal, also a lot of sun.  I'm ready to clay again and would like to get a great shine.

Love Buttery Wax.  But do I need to step up to Americana Paste? And where does Brilliant Glaze fit in?

Thx in advance.

Jim

14 answers to this question

The difference between Americana and Buttery wax is longevity.  Buttery will give about a month of protection, while Americana will last 3-4 months.  BG will add a little more 'pop' o the finish.  I think most would recommend applying BG, then adding Americana over that for a long lasting, face melting shine!

If you have some revive polish you can use that after you clay.  If you are looking for a combination of protection and looks you could use sealant > glaze > Americana or Buttery. 

Thanks for the great responses, everyone!  I'll give the Brilliant and the Americana a shot.  Looking forward to great results.

By the way, Steve, nice Shelby!  I have an '08 that I took up to 604 bhp with a Steeda CAI and custom tune.  Love the car, but don't drive it much, 8K total, so far.  Did you drop yours at all?  I don't notice in the mods.  I'm thinking about it.

By the way, Steve, nice Shelby!  I have an '08 that I took up to 604 bhp with a Steeda CAI and custom tune.  Love the car, but don't drive it much, 8K total, so far.  Did you drop yours at all?  I don't notice in the mods.  I'm thinking about it.

Thanks!  No, I haven't lowered it or done any performance mods yet.  The car is, after all, more "traction limited" than "power limited" - It put down 642 HP and 621 ft-lbs of torque (at the rear wheels) on a recent baseline dyno pull...

BaselineDynoPull_zps582002c8.jpg

I don't drive it as much as I'd like to.  It's a fair weather car so it spends most of the winter under wraps and I only take it out in the summer when there's no rain in the forecast.  

Welcome James.

All good advice above, all those combinations work and give great results.

My personal preference after clay & polish is 2 thin coats LPS (or Quick Sealant), BG, then Americana. For touch ups I hit it with BG & Buttery Wax.

I didn't notice your car color. If it's white BG doens't add a whole lot, if it's a dark or a metallic it's the only way to go.

Posy up some pics when you can.

Bruce

I have a white pearl color. I was going to revive...quick sealant...brilliant glaze... then Americana. Is that necessary? I ordered all that plus buttery wax.

Only you can decide what is "necessary".  However - I'd be willing to bet you'll be VERY happy with that combination.

I love Buttery Wax, it's the easiest wax I have ever used, even in direct sunlight. But I disagree with alot of people on the longevity of it. I waxed my daily driver, a 2008 Silverado ( cocoa brown) in the spring and it still looks great and beads up like crazy. The only area that I redid was the hood a couple of weeks ago, and that was only because I had some sap on it and when I removed the sap I rewaxed it. Buttery Wax in my opinion is more than a temporary monthly wax.

The difference between Americana and Buttery wax is longevity.  Buttery will give about a month of protection, while Americana will last 3-4 months.  BG will add a little more 'pop' o the finish.  I think most would recommend applying BG, then adding Americana over that for a long lasting, face melting shine!

Really? Most people I hear say they both last much longer. Personally I find they last long too, but I do not drive much.

OP, why not both?

Americana then glaze then buttery

Really? Most people I hear say they both last much longer. Personally I find they last long too, but I do not drive much.

OP, why not both?

Americana then glaze then buttery

I've had a coat of Buttery last almost 3 months on my dad's garage kept Mercedes. Depends on how it's taken care of, where the car is kept (exposure to sun), etc.

I've had Americana last about 5 months on some vehicles. And then I've also had it last 3 months on other vehicles. It all depends