Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not getting snow foam from Foam Canon, what's wrong??

landshark

Question

I recently bought a CC Foam Canon replacing my little Foam Gun hoping to get those snow like foam on the car in pre-wash.  However, it just didn't happen.  The foam that comes out is pretty much the same as the Foam Gun.  I filled it up with water + 2-3oz of Adam's car wash.  

The power washing is the AR Blue Clean AR383 (which supposed to have the highest rating on Amazon), and it's powerful enough for me to wash my deck or concrete floor.

Am I missing something??  How fast does it suppose to suck up the car wash fluid from the container?  Cos it doesn't seem like it's using much from the container....

I'm really frustrated now.....  :angry:

Thanks in advance for the help guys!  

14 answers to this question

Do you have the pickup straw attached the cannon?

14358993.jpg

Yes I did. 

And there's no water leakage from the power washer's gun to the Foam Canon neither.  I tried to adjust the top notch, but the hex screw that screw the value in seems very loose, so I tighten it all the way.  But still there's hardly any foam coming out after I tighten the to hex screw.  Tried to loosen it a bit, still the same....   :(

I'll try to use warm water next time and see it if helps.  But doubt it....

Edited by landshark

I'm sorry if I'm not much help but Ilooked up your pressure washer and it shows rated at 1900 psi and 1.5 GPM which should be enough. I'm not familiar exactly with a CC foam cannon as I've only ever used an mtm but I'm sure they are similar. It sounds like you aren't getting much adjustment out of your cannon. I wouldn't try adding warm water because the water coming out of your feed is going to be cold and just cool the water back down. I know when I make thick foam i tend to use almost 4 oz in the container. I fill almost full with water then add the soap shake like crazy then I'm good to go.

Make sure that some of the white thread tape did not get sucked into the cannon.  I have seen this happen and it will cause an issue like this.  Check it out and if this is the case removing the debris will fix the problem. 

Thanks guys.  I think I'll just return it to Amazon.  Might get another one to try.  But honestly, getting the power washer out, set it up, and put it back added close to 20mins to my regular washing time.  Not sure if it's really worth it.....  

i got a mtm one from amazon and used it for the first time this weekend and it worked great. I added 4oz of adams wash...

looks like you have a gladiator table in your garage? I got one also got a lot of there stuff cleans the garage up real nice..

Thanks guys. I think I'll just return it to Amazon. Might get another one to try. But honestly, getting the power washer out, set it up, and put it back added close to 20mins to my regular washing time. Not sure if it's really worth it.....

You just need the proper setup. Quick disconnects, cord reels, and shut off valves make the process so much easier. Simply pull out the pressure washer, pop in your hose, turn the valve and plug in the electrical and you are good to. Takes 5 mins tops depending on where you store yoir pressure washer I guess. Don't give up yet, a foam cannon has a ton of benefits, most of which os that it is really fun every time :) Edited by ermagerd_ian

You just need the proper setup. Quick disconnects, cord reels, and shut off valves make the process so much easier. Simply pull out the pressure washer, pop in your hose, turn the valve and plug in the electrical and you are good to. Takes 5 mins tops depending on where you store yoir pressure washer I guess. Don't give up yet, a foam cannon has a ton of benefits, most of which os that it is really fun every time :)

Ok I've decided to give it another try. Returning this one back to Amazon and ordered one from Phil @detailersdomain. Hopefully this one will "just work".