Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to polishing and Adams! 50/50 Pics inside View at your own RISK!

PokerBlakeB

Question

Hello all,

My name is Blake and I have been reading/learning through this forum for the past few months on how to correctly machine polish. I have had my detailing supplies for a long time and have yet to use them. I originally wanted to detail my girlfriend's 2013 Kia Forte Koup, but she wont let me have it for a day to do it haha! So instead, I decided to test out my brand new PC7424XP and Adam's polishes on my pile of junk. I own a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT that is daily driven 100 miles and I bought it off my brother about 2 years ago. Now my brother had told me the previous owner had washed the car with Dawn dishsoap bi-weekly and had "ruined" the paint job because of it. So he rarely washed it due to this and was only concerned about the drivability. So, when I bought the car I took over his mindset and rarely washed it due to it being a to and from work car. Now in my opinion, the paint on this car is as bad as I've ever seen. I've probably washed a thousand cars at my old job, and rarely saw a condition like this. When you rub your hand over the paint, it feels like 1500 grit sand paper. So with all the 50/50 shots I see most people doing with there cars and how my paint job compared to their's, I never even thought to try and machine polish it. But I've been so anxious to test out Adam's polishes, I went ahead and did a 50/50 shot of the hood. I had about an hour of time to do this, so I washed the hood, clayed it with Adam's clay and machine polished. Also, I refinished my headlights with Adam's polishes and a 4" pad. Pictures of results below.

You can actually see the first 2x2 section I buffed and how it turned out.

Pad/Polish used: Orange Pad/Swirl and Haze Remover

40A67BA0-1AA3-4C68-96A4-145ED485D006_zps

Another picture of the results. Absolutely incredible. Thank you Adam's Polishes!

09C622E2-A682-486F-8B14-79C9B878D071_zps

This is how the headlights looked as is.

B19A8F30-0DC5-43AD-84E1-67A58A3FB8A7_zps

Finished results

17C964EA-5146-437C-95A5-0BEA44DB4CC1_zps

Edited by PokerBlakeB

8 answers to this question

Which polish did you use on the headlights?  The work is looking great!

Steps used:

1.  Washed headlights

2.  Wet sanded with 1500 grit sandpaper

3.  Wet sanded with 2500 grit sandpaper

4.  Wet sanded with 3000 grit sandpaper

5.  Washed headlight to remove any sanding residue.

6.  Polished with Adam's Severe Swirl & Haze Remover on a 4" orange pad

7.  Polished with Adam's Fine Machine Polish on a 4" white pad

8.  Sealed it with Adam's Machine SuperWax

Edited by PokerBlakeB