Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Correcting Polish - Just 1-Step? I'd Love Your Input Please!

Adam

I have yet to be able to get away with just one step (using the Cyclo), but everything I have done has been dark colored and hammered, I will try bumping up the speed from 5 to 6 and make a couple more passes to see if this helps, as Adam said time is money! The two step system is leaps and bounds ahead of the prior three step process.

In my opinion, I have not been able to find ANY single step paint correction (read decent cut) that didnt need a follow up to remove light swirls or hazing on black.  Granted, I have not used the Adams system, so I may be way off base here.

But, with everything else I have used on BLACK, a second step is indeed needed for my personal expectations of paint correction anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Adam. in my experience you can use the same polish as a two step. you can completely change the performance of a product by changing your technique up.

For example I can use cutting polish on a microfiber cutting pad, flex3401, speed 6, slow movement, moderate pressure, and be able to remove all the defects I need to. But for the people that want to two step to really improve the look of their car, or people with softer paints that need to follow up with a second step to remove "compounding haze" I could do the following.

I can then switch from a cutting pad to a finishing foam (black/blue/white) pad. Slow the speed down to about 3.5 or 4.0, medium speed of arm movement, light pressure, and long work time. With the same exact polish I can achieve what I expected from a finishing polish just by changing up different variables in the polishing routine. I would remove compounding haze and get the paint to pop a lot better.

Doing this eliminated the need for me to have two different polishes, but still allows me to do a two step if I wanted/have to. Which is why I go through compound 10x more then finishing polish. Pretty much I only use finishing polish on my own car, I cant really find a need for it anymore. Still hit my car with some good ol fashion "fine machine polish" that I stocked up on when it got discontinued.

Edited by FarbeyondDriven

• 2 months later...

After reading this thread I'm curious as to why you've done away with the one step Cyclo kit and now list a 2 step.

Michael, it looks to me like the One Step Correction Kit is still available for $64.95.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/4-polishing-kits/adam-s-4-one-step-correction-kit.html

I used the method mentioned by Adam and achieved a massive improvement on the roof of my 2000 LS 400. Should have taken before and after pics, but my camera is down and the iphone camera is garbage. Regardless, it worked well for me.

Edited by Junior

• 2 weeks later...

I just cleaned up my car over the weekend using Adam's 2 step correction :

- 2 bucket wash

- clayed entire car including glass using Detail Spray

- Paint Correcting Polish w/orange foam pad

- Paint Finishing Polish w/white foam pad

- Liquid Paint Sealant w/black (gray) foam pad

This was my first time truly using a machine polisher and I used all Adam's products with a PC 7424.  I made 2 passes with the correcting and 1 pass with the finishing on the hood, trunk and roof.  I only made one pass on the sides/rear/front with Correcting Polish and was extremely pleased with those results.  I had light swirling from improper washing by the previous owner (my guess) but nothing major. The only place where I am not 100% swirl free is the hood and the few blemishes are random and so few I am not worrying about them.  Likely another pass or maybe stepping up to the orange microfiber would remove them all.  Or could be that is the panel I started on and I didn't have my technique down yet.  Yeah...that's probably it.

Based on my results, I would say if the car isn't too beat up then the Correcting Polish just might take care of everything in one step.  I will say that I am blown away by everything I've purchased and used from here.  I have an employee with a new truck who has the bug now as well! 

Sorry for the cell phone pics (side door where faint "drips" were visible; rear trunk lid edge with heaviest swirling, profile).....I will definitely get better before/afters next time.

post-12238-0-08078700-1418836103_thumb.jpg

post-12238-0-61690400-1418836105_thumb.jpg

post-12238-0-75138200-1418836107_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Jason.  I bought it back in August....one owner maintained at the same dealer it was bought from and where I bought it.  I have to say that the paint wasn't too bad for being 8 years old. 

Like I said, I was blown away with how easy Adam's stuff went on and came off.  Looking for a neighbor or friend's car to do next!

• 5 months later...

I've 1 stepped a few cars now including my daily using the PCP only and the microfiber pad on my flex.  I find it finishes extremely well especially on lighter colors.  For black and dark colors though I still follow up with PFP to get that final pop.

Just to clarify because it's been a while since I've brought out the machine, when you guys say 2 or 3 passes with a certain pad/product, do you mean working a panel until the polish flashes, and then applying more polish and repeating?

• 1 year later...

Hello Adam

I use the Paint Correcting Polish after clay bar on every car to remove the swirls and washing interference type scratches and on a driver car you can get away with just using the Paint Correcting Polish.

Most of the cars I detail are high end show cars, customs or exotics and I always use the Paint Finishing Polish and the Cyclo on 6 and I find that the finish comes out even better with a  higher shine and flatter surface finish. That extra burnishing step before the Paint Sealant or Paste wax gives it an extra hit that makes the depth and clarity just a little bit better to me.

I am always looking for the best result. As to me you are only as good as your last detail job. 

Great Products !!!!!

I run into some dusting problems with the new formula. But, using my Rupes 15 Mark 2 and the correction polish I don't have a need for the finishing polish. Although, I want the finishing polish anyway just to add that extra bit of depth and clarity.

Hello Adam

I use the Paint Correcting Polish after clay bar on every car to remove the swirls and washing interference type scratches and on a driver car you can get away with just using the Paint Correcting Polish.

Most of the cars I detail are high end show cars, customs or exotics and I always use the Paint Finishing Polish and the Cyclo on 6 and I find that the finish comes out even better with a  higher shine and flatter surface finish. That extra burnishing step before the Paint Sealant or Paste wax gives it an extra hit that makes the depth and clarity just a little bit better to me.

I am always looking for the best result. As to me you are only as good as your last detail job. 

Great Products !!!!!

Hi Glen, thanks for the kind words! I will be sure to pass them onto Adam! I've been doing a 1-Step Polish with our Paint Correcting Polish and Orange Pads on several vehicles lately too. It really does work quite well to get near perfect results on a lot of finishes. I do agree that the Finishing Polish with a white pad does take most vehicles that extra step though, so I always like to use it on darker colored vehicles.

I run into some dusting problems with the new formula. But, using my Rupes 15 Mark 2 and the correction polish I don't have a need for the finishing polish. Although, I want the finishing polish anyway just to add that extra bit of depth and clarity.

If you're seeing some dusting issues, re-prime the pad with one quick mist of Detail Spray and that should help to lessen any dust. What pad are you using and does the dusting start immediately with a fresh clean pad, or only after polishing a few panels?

If you're seeing some dusting issues, re-prime the pad with one quick mist of Detail Spray and that should help to lessen any dust. What pad are you using and does the dusting start immediately with a fresh clean pad, or only after polishing a few panels?

It's starts after I make a couple passes over an area with a new pad (Orange pad). But, it's been high heat and humidity when it dusts.