Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adamized the Raptor

TheWolf

I have since added a wire shelf to use as a drying rack instead of laying the applicators out on towels.  The shelf works much better and frees up counter space.  The grit guards also work for drying racks if you don't have too many items to dry.

20140607_130523 c.jpg

Today I finished a project which is a handle that connects two bucket caddies together.  This allows me to move them around more easily.  This two-bucket setup is dedicated to wheels and tires.

20140829_102943.jpg

The handle is from a old garden tool, I bolted on two steel straps, painted it black, and then bolted it to the bucket caddies.  I also drilled small holes around the inside of the caddies to let water drain out.

20140828_200243.jpg

20140829_101426.jpg

Here's the latest addition to the arsenal.  A beverage dispenser full of deionized water for use in the foam cannon and for making product dilutions.  It wasn't quite tall enough for the bigger bottles so I rotated the spout.  I know, a little ridiculous, but Amazon thought I would like it so I had to buy it!

20140909_202809.jpg

Would you mind sharing some info on that Deionizing system you have? Thanks.

It is the CR Spotless DIC-20 from Costco.  You can check out crspotless.com and also Costco's website.  I removed it from the little cart that it comes on and mounted it to the Rubbermaid cart.

After using the MetroVac Blaster Sidekick Dryer a few times, I found it a little awkward to try and get the different angles to get water out from under the trim, and also a little difficult to move the water off the larger areas as the handheld unit is a little heavy and not too easy to sweep from side to side.  I was also afraid of banging it into the paint. So I added a 3 foot hose that MetroVac makes, and it makes it much easier to use, much like the larger Master Blaster that has a hose attachment.  I got this hose from Amazon but you can also order them directly from MetroVac.  I think they are such a good addition to the dryer that Adam's should consider adding them to their website.

20140914_145537.jpg

I decided to upgrade my detailing stool as the Craftsman one I had been using has small wheels that get hung up on the expansion joints in the concrete, a few times nearly tipping over.

I went with a Traxion ProGear Racing Gear Seat.  I have a ProGear creeper and I knew the larger 5" wheels go over the slab joints much easier.  The new seat is much better, I wish I had got it a long time ago.  The seat is deep with good side support and the handle makes it easier to move around.  The seat adjusts from about 14 to 18 inches.

20140914_180525.jpg

20140914_180617.jpg

20140914_180635.jpg

The seat comes with a tool tray that spins around but I did not use it as I just hit my heels on the old seats tray.  I think it works much better without the tray.

While this model is imported, Traxion does have two American Made creepers and a few "USA Assembled and Inspected" seats, so at least they are trying.

UPDATE - Traxion's website now lists this seat as being Made in the USA, along with a few of their creepers.  I have the ProGear WideBody Creeper and I really like it because it has a contour that adds some lower back support, rather than just being flat.

I decided to try one of the Kwazar Venus Pro compression sprayers with a foamer tip for cleaning the wheels and tires with APC

The wheels on the truck were not in need of a scrubbing, so I tested it on the Jeep.  The left side I sprayed with a standard sprayer and the right side got foamed.

20140914_121227.jpg

The foamer tip seems to add some foaming to the APC, which helps it hang a little longer.

The only downside to the compression sprayer is it really pumps out the product and with the foaming tip, there is not much control over the amount coming out.  If you twist the tip to reduce the amount of product, it only sprays out a few inches.  I sprayed the tires, wheels and wells and went through 3/4 of a liter.  Too much to use on a regular washing, but for the occasional scrubbing to remove a few layers of Tire Shine and Quick Sealant it would work better than just a standard sprayer.  I would not use the compression sprayer on the wheel wells again since it uses too much product.

After reading many posts from Sizzle Chest, I added TIP #15 to post #19.  LEAST AGGRESSIVE FIRST!

As a newbie, I was so caught up in all the great products, I would use some of the cleaners when it was not really needed.  I went through a whole bottle of DWC before it occurred to me that my wheels were never really that dirty, I should have just been using Car Wash Shampoo.

• 2 weeks later...

I put some 3/8" vinyl vacuum caps on the pump nozzles to keep things from drying out now that they will see a little less use this fall and winter.  This summer, with weekly pump action, the only product that dried out enough to make a little booger was the LC, so I have been keeping a cap on it when not in use.

20141009_192543.jpg

Dan, why aren't you more thorough?  How about thinking things out a bit, and trying to improve a bit?  Geesh!!!

Wow, must say, i'm totally impressed.  Just read this thread for the first time, and you might need to come work here.....you available?

Awesome write-up, awesome upgrades, and I'm honored to have you as a customer!

Very funny!  Thanks for the kind words!

"Process improvement" is a minor obsession of mine, its a hobby that drives the other hobbies.

Now, what is the employee discount?  Or maybe I could just get paid in product. :lol:

Detailer's Log - October 9th, 2014 - Honored by his Royal Shineness, the Detailer-in-Chief!

After using the MetroVac Blaster Sidekick Dryer a few times, I found it a little awkward to try and get the different angles to get water out from under the trim, and also a little difficult to move the water off the larger areas as the handheld unit is a little heavy and not too easy to sweep from side to side.  I was also afraid of banging it into the paint. So I added a 3 foot hose that MetroVac makes, and it makes it much easier to use, much like the larger Master Blaster that has a hose attachment.  I got this hose from Amazon but you can also order them directly from MetroVac.  I think they are such a good addition to the dryer that Adam's should consider adding them to their website.

attachicon.gif20140914_145537.jpg

I'm not finding this hose on Amazon.  Would you mind posting a link?

Since someone on this forum recently suggested that I needed to improve a bit, I fast-tracked the R&D on the latest addition to my cleaning equipment.

I have an underbody lance for my pressure washer that worked pretty good for getting the mud off the underside of the truck, but it was a little awkward to use without banging it into the ground or the bottom of the truck, or dragging it along the driveway.  I thought some casters on it would be useful, and found this furniture dolly at the hardware store.  I bolted a Quick Fist clamp onto it to attach it to the lance.

20141010_185055.jpg

Now, I can sit on my stool and run this under the truck with ease.  It even propels itself back and forth by just twisting the wand to vary the direction of the stream.

20141010_152858.jpg

20141010_152509.jpg

The Quick Fist clamp makes removal easy, so I can use just the curved lance without the casters to get the wheel wells, suspension components, and the backs of the wheels and tires.

Edited by TheWolf