Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adamized the Raptor

TheWolf

Their website has some products that you don't see the US retailers selling.  With the exchange rate, their cost on the sprayer was good but the shipping was as much as the sprayer, but I needed to get the trigger heads anyway.  I ended up having to place the order by phone as their online cart, or "Trolley", would not give me any shipping options.  Transit time was about 1.5 weeks, not too bad.

I picked up the Wheel Brush Kit on my last order, as I wanted to try the new Short Wheel Brush and the Wheel Woolie.  I have the long Wheel Brush, but found that I preferred the short handle of the boar's hair brush that I have been using for the last year.

In comparing the new Short Wheel Brush to the BH brush, the head is bigger and there are more bristles, which makes it work better on the wheels.

20150214_144846.jpg

20150214_144905.jpg

I also noticed that the current version of the Fender Brush has a bigger, fuller head than the one I got last year.  I have been using my original Fender Brush for tires and it ends up pretty dirty, so I don't use it on anything else.  I plan to use the new brush on the wheel wells, as the other-brand brush I had been using is a little too soft and has not kept up with the winter grime.

20150214_110348.jpg.

20150214_110348-C.jpg

Thanks Dan. Now you make me want to get a new fender brush. What is the length of bristles on the new one so I can check to see if mine is new or not?

Bristles on the old brush are 2 inches long, on the new brush they are 2.5 inches.

20150215_180018.jpg

BLUE vs. RED

A Head-to-Head Foam-off

Three ounces in each foam cannon bottle.

20150221_095816.jpg

Shaken, not stirred.

20150221_100555.jpg

BLUE on the left, RED on the right.

M1 copy.jpg

After one minute.

M2 copy.jpg

After two minutes.

M3 copy.jpg

After three minutes.

M4 copy.jpg

After four minutes.

M5 copy.jpg

In both trials, the truck had just been washed and rinsed, so that the first shampoo did not have more dirt to cling to in the first trial.  After the first trial, the truck was rinsed and then the red shampoo was used.

The photos were taken with a timer remote at one minute intervals.  During the second trial, there was a little more sun so the foam looks whiter, but there was no real difference in appearance.  In both trials, the passenger side was foamed using cold DI water on a 45 degree day.  The photos of the second trial were then flipped and added to the photos for the first trial.

As shown, the new blue shampoo does not seem to foam or cling any better than the original red shampoo. BUT HERE'S THE DIFFERENCE, the new blue shampoo is more slippery, it feels like the old red shampoo with Rinseless mixed in.  I have been foaming with a mix of 3oz of shampoo and 1oz of Rinseless for the last year, but the rinseless would decrease the overall foam and hang-time.

With the new blue shampoo, there is still good foam with the added benefit of more lubrication.

As for performance in the bucket, I did not see much of a difference in original foaminess, but the new blue did last a little longer and it was easier to build more foam by stirring the brushes or pad.  I actually ended up with more foam in the wash pad bucket after really working the pad on the grit guard then when it was first filled.

In these wheel cleaning buckets, the blue is on the right and the red on the left.

First filled with hot water from the sink faucet.

20150221_101312.jpg

Twelve minutes later I start on the wheels.

20150221_102543.jpg

Fifteen minutes of washing wheels, tires and wells.

20150221_104107.jpg

The new blue wildberry scent is nice, and it is definitely stronger than the original red cherry.

In summary, the new blue has more lubricity but the foam cannon results are the same.  In the bucket, the foaminess is improved.  Overall a nice improvement, but not a huge difference.  But that's what happens when you improve on a product that is already a good performer.

Wolfman, you are a crazy dude! In a good way! For someone new to detailing you have results of a seasoned pro and ideas flowing out of the head like water going over Niagara falls.

I think I can speak for the collective, you have great write ups that you are contributing here!

Thank, so much!

Wolfman, you are a crazy dude! In a good way! For someone new to detailing you have results of a seasoned pro and ideas flowing out of the head like water going over Niagara falls.

I think I can speak for the collective, you have great write ups that you are contributing here!

Thank, so much!

LOL, thanks Ralph!

"crazy dude, in a good way"  I think that's a huge compliment! :lol:

Thank, so much!

100% agreed.

Wolf... You are a madman! Lol.

I think the bigger question is, if they aren't in the garage, where on God's green earth did your wife let you put an Adam's shrine in the house LOL

Well, there is one room on this entire planet where I am the Boss-of-My-Ownself, and it is called MY OFFICE!

It is a room free of toys, glitter, owl decorations and, most importantly, nagging.  However, maintaining the sanctity of this space is a constant struggle: "Do NOT come in here with that glitter covered dress", "That is my tape dispenser, use your own", "Where is my phone, it is the one with the OFFICE label".  Sometimes, I even have to say these same things to my kids!  (When I said free of nagging, I meant listening to other people nag).

Since I built this retreat with my own ideas and hands, it is acoustically insulated, has a solid-core door with deadbolt, has only the manliest of decorating styles, and is powered by a liquid-cooled super-computer running four high-def screens and 5.1 Surround Sound.

Despite the fact that I have clearly established my dominance over this space, upon showing the shrine to the Lady of the House, I was promptly accused of moving pictures of the kids to make room on the shelf.  Luckily, I had only relocated a portion of my hat collection.

20150228_103252.jpg

Edited by TheWolf

This office sounds like an awesome place to chill and clear your mind! The second bedroom in my place is also 100% mine. I have my bike my camera gear, my pro phot printer and my best shots framed and hung on the walls with no restrictions! I also have a corner with some of my detailing products and a foldout couch with cars logos pillows!

Since I picked up another gallon of LC during the clearance sale, I figured I had enough extra to mix up some LCON juice for refilling my DIY air freshener.  I put 2 oz in an empty bottle with some water and shook it well.  I then squirt about 2-3 oz of the juice onto the towel to keep the truck smelling so good!  With conditioning my seats, plastics and floor mats every 1-2 weeks, and then having the air freshener re-juiced every couple days, I am pretty sure this stuff is actually habit-forming.

20150228_121007.jpg

Well, there is one room on this entire planet where I am the Boss-of-My-Ownself, and it is called MY OFFICE!

I agree with you on that 100% same rule for me it is MY OFFICE-STUDY  (at home) and when I build it is going to be little larger than what I have now.