Customer Service 866.965.0400

Costco Microfiber Towels

Muscle Car Memories

Question

18 answers to this question

Ehhhhh honesly there pretty garbage, if you are gonna use them @ least rip off the tags they have on them! But id invest in a few nice talls bud... i stay far away from those costco talls, they have their usees just not on the paint lol

Both of the above replies got it on point.. They can be pretty brutal on your paint, but they can function as your workhorse towels that you don't want to subject the nicer microfibers to. Metal, engine bay, scrubbing towels for the inside on carpets and what not. Just my 2 cents! 

Both of the above replies got it on point.. They can be pretty brutal on your paint, but they can function as your workhorse towels that you don't want to subject the nicer microfibers to. Metal, engine bay, scrubbing towels for the inside on carpets and what not. Just my 2 cents! 

I guess ive been using some pretty crappy towels in the past cause I thought these seemed pretty good, shows what I know.... :lol:

They are ok.  But I would invest in some nicer towels.  I have the previous generation costco MF towels and one day I accidentally grabbed one and I saw a scratch right on the black sail panel of my camaro happen right in front of my eyes.  The costco towles I only use on glass, wheels, door jambs, underhood and other inconspicuous areas.  I have some nicer towels from another company that soft.  The double soft towel on here is amazing as well. 

You have a very nice 2014 Camaro SS I'm sure, had to be big bucks, spending $16 bucks on 2 Blue Micofiber Adams towels is the way to go. Use the other towels to do your rims etc. Spending a little more and getting the best is the way to go :thumbsup: !!!!!!

If you want to see a cool trick for yourself, take a cheap made in china costco towel and wipe one half of the bottom of a brand new CD. Then take a quality korean towel (like the one you will get in your Adam's kit) and wipe the other half. Hold the CD in the light and you'll see a bunch of micro scratches on the china side, while the korean side will be flawless. What the towels did to the CD they will also do to your paint.

Save the bulk towels for dirty jobs and toss them when they are past the point of no return. Korean towels are not only softer and safer for your paint, but they are overall made better. You don't throw these puppies away, you wash them and they're back to new. Besides, your good plush korean towels should never have any visible dirt on them to begin with. Waffle pattern towels for waterless washing will inevitably get dirty, but like I said, they wash out easily and last a long time.