Customer Service 866.965.0400

LPS 7" or 4" Pad

McMo

Question

I put down a coat of Liquid Paint Sealant on my RV the other day using a PC 7424 (not XP) and an Adam's 7" machine sealant and waxing pad. Without applying any pressure, I had a difficult time keeping the machine spinning. I ended up on speed 5, but this seemed to be too fast.

Would I be better off using a 4" pad with this machine?

I haven't tried it on my vehicles yet, so I don't know if there will be any difference.

4 answers to this question

I don't machine seal/wax, but using that big of a pad on the PC for the sealing step, its going to be barely rotating anyway since you are at low speed to start with.  Its more about being spread evenly anyway when using the PC for that purpose than anything.  You want pad rotation when correcting, you want to spread product when doing a last step, and that may or may not include much pad rotation.

I use a 4" pad for liquid paint sealant application with my GG on speed 2. Like Jason said the key is a THIN & even coat so I just hold lightly on the machine. For me personally it is a better method than hand application.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond.

I used a 4" pad to apply the sealant to my truck. This made a huge difference. Using the 4" also allowed me to get into tighter areas, and very little needed to be applied by hand.

Perhaps the 7" was bogging down more on the fiberglass - I didn't try it on the truck.

Love the new Liquid Paint Sealant.

post-9740-0-97314800-1411002728_thumb.jpg