Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to Detail Crocs

TheWolf

Question

Now that summer is almost over, it was time to clean and dress the Crocs.

Here's how they looked after a summer of fun.

20140912_145826.jpg

A scrub with some APC cleaned off the dirt, grime and sunscreen.

20140912_170129.jpg

A generous helping of SVRT on the right.

20140912_170508.jpg

And the final results.

20140912_194215.jpg

I started this spring with a fresh coat of SVRT and they held up much better than in past years.

12 answers to this question

That is awesome!!!!  Nice!

It looks like the beach shoes you are wearing in your AV pic need to be detailed!

I don't care what anyone says.  Those shoes are UGLY!   :lolsmack:

NEW FLASH!!!  All Crocs are ugly.  LOL!

But they stay in business because they are comfortable, fairly indestructible, easy to clean, and all little girls love them! :D

Get yourself a pair of these.  They will last forever and are bomb proof.  And you don't have to worry about cleaning them and treating them.  Just hose them off.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/men/newport-h2

Big fan of Keens for all my sandals, shoes and boots. I have two pairs of those Newport H2.  They are good but if I get them wet and then continue to wear them they get to smelling like a wet dog, which requires a good cleaning with bleach to get rid of the stink.  The Crocs above are more "lake slippers" than real footwear I would use around town.  Keen doesn't make them anymore, but I have some Turia Water Shoes that work great for kayaking and paddleboarding. 

Turia.png

Oh, and here's some new Keen sandals that look like Crocs!  Maybe they figured since they look like carbon fiber they would not be so ugly.  You can also get them in camo, that makes them cool!

Yogui.png

I saw the title and my first thought was Crocodile Dundee with a Cyclo.

I think I could get a crocodile nice and clean with the Cyclo and a set of the stiff brushes, as long as you can hold its mouth closed!  Not sure about the SVRT though, might be easier to give it a spray of Tire Shine. :lol:

I don't care what anyone says.  Those shoes are UGLY!   :lolsmack:

Yes they are, but they are fantastic footwear for detailing in warm weather!  The closed toes are safer than sandals, and the holes allow for a squirt of water into the shoe to cool your feet.  And as Dan said, they are perfect around water, so no worries when washing the car or even wetsanding.  I picked a pair of yellow ones on closeout at a Hallmark store for $8 several years ago, but I do not wear them beyond the end of the driveway!. 

When I was in high school i always wore Converse Chuck Taylor canvass tennis shoes.  Most of the time with out socks.  My mom made me leave them outside of a night as i thinking they were beginning to rot.  This was a yearly event.  Washing only helped a little.  

Lol same deal with classic Vans! Cheap enough that I didn't mind what happened to them and can throw them away anytime..

A good buddy of mine rocks the Crocs sometimes. I still cant find myself to grabbing a pair :lolsmack: