Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's going on

08'taco

Question

Ok so am I doing something wrong? When I go to put on any liquid wax, glaze, polish it seems just to soak into the applicators I'm using what I think is the right ones but anyways when I go to apply it on my truck seems like nothing goes on the surface and I don't want to waste or use to much just by adding more.I do know less is more with adams. Sorry if this is confusing or maybe I'm to new to the detail game. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 08'taco

8 answers to this question

Is it a brand new pad you are using? Often a new pad will soak up a lot of the product, i usually take some product and rub it all over the pad first to kind of "prime" it. That way its all softened up with the product you are going to use and it isn't really going to absorb anymore of it.  One of the reasons i like to have a different applicator for each product.

Color of the truck is silver. I use the red hex applicator for brilliance,yellow hex for buttery wax, when I first apply the product I can see a thin coat but after about a few inches it seems to have nothing. When I watch the videos I put the same amount they use but when they do it they cover almost a panel.plus they never seem to add more product till they move to a different panel. Again sorry this doesn't make sense and thank you in advance

Edited by 08'taco

When I get to the Glaze step I already have a clayed, polished, and sealed paint. I then apply the Glaze by hand and it goes on very effortlessly and buffs off just as easy. Maybe you are just having a hard time seeing the thin coat on the silver paint. My wife's Yukon is an off white so I don't even use Glaze on it though I could and it probably would make a difference. But I go with a LSP of liquid paint sealant and/or Americana and skip the Glaze on the light colored paint.

Edited by gapwedge