Customer Service 866.965.0400

Taking the plunge

BitterGreg

Question

I have decided to work on my retirement plan. I am going to be expanding my detailing further than just friends and relatives. 

I got my logo today. Decided to take a subtle approach.

Oh any my last name is Rush. I know a lot of people will not like the idea of it, but I am not jumping in full time. I have time to build the brand name.

What do you all think?¿?

post-12064-0-48989000-1413577564_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

I like it, however, the first thing that comes to mind is that you are fast, doing a fast job, not taking enough time to do the job correctly. Or the customer may expect a super fast turn around time.

Hope this does not upset you, just letting you know what popped into my mind as soon as I see 'Rush Detailing'.

Just trying to help you out!

Edited by Sizzle Chest

I like it, however, the first thing that comes to mind is that you are fast, doing a fast job, not taking enough time to do the job correctly. Or the customer may expect a super fast turn around time.

Hope this does not upset you, just letting you know what popped into my mind as soon as I see 'Rush Detailing'.

Just trying to help you out!

No worries, and that is obviously something that I thought of, seeing as how most people tried making a joke growing up.

It is not something I am overly concerned about. I have been in sales all my life and own a consulting firm, so I feel that will help me set the expectation and ensure it is a clear message.

I knew I wanted to take the subtle approach. I knew I wanted the look of a freshly pressed wax seal, to play on the shinny and the wax part of what detailing does. I also wanted the wax to symbolize old, but wanted the overall design to be viewed as new and sleek, to show I can work on as old as they come up to a car fresh off the lot. I realize most customers will never see or get that, but that doesn't matter.

I had the guy that designed my full time business brand put this together. Next on to the business card and the "menu".

So didnt really do anything with the winter months with regards to the side business. I am going to eventually have my business cards professionally done, but a realtor buddy and I struck a deal where if I keep his truck looking good, he will pass my cards to his clients and anyone else he runs across. So I threw these together to get that rolling.

I haven't ordered these yet, and keep in mind I still have some slight spacing tweaks I need to make. If I have learned anything about this board in the last 8 months is you guys definitely have opinions. So fire away.

Business Card.pdf

Edit: Not sure why it shows as a link rather than inserting the picture into the post.

Edited by BitterGreg