Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift Ideas for the Adam's Detailer

TheWolf

Gift Ideas for the Adam's Detailer

For all the spouses, friends, parents, relatives, neighbors and bosses who are blessed to have a serious detailer in their life, here is a thread with all the things they might want or need.  So for Christmas, birthday, anniversary, holiday, graduation, or any Friday that you need to show your appreciation to your special detailer, choose an item from this guide and they will be forever grateful.

A FEW RULES (for those who like order in their lives)

1. Post only one item, it can be something you have and love or something you want/need, include price and link(s) to make it easy for the shoppers. 
  2. Items should generally be specific to detailing; such as tools, equipment, storage and organization, shop/garage décor, etc.
  3. Only non-Adams products please, obviously we would all want more of any Adam's product!
  4. Please do not post competitor's products (violators will be banned and their entire Adam's collection will be confiscated and sent to me).
  5. Attempt to stay on topic, to make it easy to scroll through the ideas.
  6. Pictures are helpful.

Just be sure that anything you post on here from another company isn't in direct competition with something that Adam's has for sale or it will be removed. 

Great idea for a thread though.  :2thumbs:

Just be sure that anything you post on here from another company isn't in direct competition with something that Adam's has for sale or it will be removed. 

Great idea for a thread though.  :2thumbs:

See Rule #4.  Also, I tried to PM you and it said you cannot receive any new messages, maybe your inbox is full?

• 2 weeks later...

The stuff i need (want) is too expensive and I would have to buy them myself.  

Most of my best gifts I have bought myself, saves my wife from having to figure out what to buy. :lol:

Go ahead and post what you want/need, even if your peeps won't buy it for you, I would still like to see some good gift ideas.

The lighting in my garage needs upgraded in a major way.  Right now there are only four CFL's in the ceiling and I use my dual 500w work light for paint correction and burning my arms and t-shirts when I bump into it.  I've been researching a lot of different options, and I've finally decided on LED, since my whole home is an Energy Star certified home and I want to keep improving on it further.

So my vote goes for one of two brands:

- US Lighting Group sells retrofit T8 LED's rated at 2101 lumens per bulb, 19.76 watts, 106 lumens per watt in 4' and 8' sizes, with a 190,000 hour life expectancy and a 25 year warranty! They are 100% made in Eastlake, OH too!  Color temperatures available are 3450k, 4450k, and 6500k.  I'm having trouble finding any pricing information on them, so I'm going to call them next week and I might end up going this route instead of my next option...

- New to the market: Cree direct replacement T8 LED bulbs. $30 each, 2100 lumens per bulb, 21 watts...that's 100 lumens per watt, not bad at all either! 3500k and 4000k color temperatures available now and 5000k coming very soon from what I've read.  They work with existing T8 fixtures, which means there is no need to modify wiring or remove ballasts.

Since I don't have any type of fluorescent fixtures yet, I think I'm going to buy 6 dual tube fixtures and then put in an order for 12 of these LED bulbs from one of these two companies.  Then if I need more I can always upgrade down the road.

More information about US Lighting Group if anyone is interested: http://www.uslightinggroup.com/Products.html

More information about the Cree's if anyone is interested: http://www.cnet.com/products/cree-t8-led/

I am in no way affiliated with either of those two companies...I'm just geeking out about upgrading my garage lighting, that's all :)

Most of my best gifts I have bought myself, saves my wife from having to figure out what to buy. :lol:

I am the same way.  The best gifts is what I have bought myself.   If I need it I go buy it why wait for Christmas.

Do not listen to Dan he will help you spend your hard earned money.   I had to buy a new creeper and stool.

Edited by DieselDude

Do not listen to Dan he will help you spend your hard earned money. I had to buy a new creeper and stool.

You're welcome! Best creeper and stool ever!

Work hard, earn money, spend it on good stuff, repeat...

Edited by TheWolf

I need a heater for the garage.  It's block, no insulation, 4 windows and wood doors.  Cement floor too, so it gets really cold out there.  So I know you guys are all going to chip in and buy me one. Not picky .................... just so it warms me up in the winter.  P.M. me when you're ready to order it for me and I'll send you my address.  :jester: :jester:

I need a heater for the garage.  It's block, no insulation, 4 windows and wood doors.  Cement floor too, so it gets really cold out there.  So I know you guys are all going to chip in and buy me one. Not picky .................... just so it warms me up in the winter.  P.M. me when you're ready to order it for me and I'll send you my address.  :jester: :jester:

Do you have anything in your house that runs on natural gas, or is all of it electric?  Sounds like you need more than just a heater.  Start by framing in some walls to add some insulation.  Have some of the expanding foam sprayed in, then layer that with some R13.  Then cover with some drywall and you should be good to go.  There I helped.  Have you thought about getting a small pellet stove for your garage?  I know they are more popular back east than they are here in the west.  I have a pellet stove in the basement to supplement the heat and to make it as hot as I want and I don't have to hear the complaining from the boss that it is too hot.  It is a 60K btu unit.  You don't need anything that big, but it would be easy to install and operate in your garage.  Have seen them as cheap as 1K, mine goes for a little over 4K now.  Nice thing is they run off of a thermostat, just like a furnace.  And you would only need a plug and punch a 4 inch hole in the wall for a vent.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_heaters-stoves-fireplaces+electric-heaters+electric-garage-industrial-heaters

Edited by LFairbanks

Rich, I think I read in another thread that your home is all electric, mine is too.  It's a certified Energy Star home actually, I'm the second owner.  When it was built, they drilled into all of the cement block foundation and sprayed foam inside of the cement block...talk about crazy, but it sure seems to work.  When I put the GarageDeck flooring down on the concrete garage floor, it seemed to bring the overall temperature up a little as well, and it's much more bearable to sit on than concrete!  It was fairly pricey, but I got it during a good sale and I feel it's one of the better investments I've made since I spend so much time in the garage.  

Even with just a little cube infrared heater, similar to those ones you see on TV, my attached garage temperature has been hovering around 55-60 degrees this past week when it was about 12 degrees outside.  Now the detached garage...that's another story.  It has zero insulation and when I walked in there this afternoon, I still found frozen chunks of leftover car shampoo and water in my Adam's buckets  :lol:

No gas..............all electric. But the garage isn't attached to the house.  Let's just say that I've lived with it for 41 years here.  My days are numbered.  I'm not worried about heating it at this stage of my life. 

But donations are accepted!! :D :D

I use a large tower-style kerosene model. (Have 2 for when it's real cold). Lowes, 129$. Works well.