Customer Service 866.965.0400

Super VRT turned watery

DCRANER

Question

My two bottles of Super VRT have turned the consistency like shaking a quart of whole milk. And seem to leave more of a slight gloss finish (i.e., on a vinyl top) than the usual mat finish. And yes, if I shake them for almost a minute the consistency does not change or thicken up.

They are stored in my garage (cabinet) which is heated and air conditioned, and I would say the bottles are a year or a little more old.

So, any thoughts on this?

17 answers to this question

Doesn't sound right. Bad batch maybe?  I'm sure it will be taken care of.  Like anything, a bad batch will pop up once in a blue moon.  It was just your turn.  :glasses:

It'll be made right no doubt.

Well, Adam's responded to my question about watery VRT, and all I can say is Adam's as a company (Adam) is just incredible.

Turns out the shelf life for best results is about 2 years, records show mine is about 3 1/2 years old (goof ball me!), longer than I thought. So, really somewhat my fault for not using it in such a long time.

But, I get an e-mail last night from Ben in Customer Satisfaction saying they are giving me 2 new VRT bottles plus throwing in a Gift Certificate.  Certainly more than I expected.

So, I remain of course a loyal Adam's customer, whatever they had decided.

Once again here is an example of a company that goes out of their way to make sure customers are more than happy and taken care of.

Great products, from a great company, run by a great person, with a great staff. I just love these guys!

Well, Adam's responded to my question about watery VRT, and all I can say is Adam's as a company (Adam) is just incredible.

Turns out the shelf life for best results is about 2 years, records show mine is about 3 1/2 years old (goof ball me!), longer than I thought. So, really somewhat my fault for not using it in such a long time.

But, I get an e-mail last night from Ben in Customer Satisfaction saying they are giving me 2 new VRT bottles plus throwing in a Gift Certificate.  Certainly more than I expected.

Once again here is an example of a company that goes out of their way to make sure customers are more than happy and taken care of.

Great products, from a great company, run by a great person, with a great staff. I just love these guys!

how much SVRT did you have go bad?

Hi Doug,

I'm glad we could get you taken care of! We will always take care of you guys if issues like this come up!

I wanted to clarify just a little bit on the warranty replacent.  The gift certificate was for you to either buy two replacement botles of VRT, or any other product that you would like. This is in place of just sending two bottles out to you that might not get used before they expire again.  Sorry for any  confusion there.  

Nows a great time to use that certificate too! Its our Black Friday sale and everything is 15% off!

If you need ant additional info or help, please let me know!

Edited by Ben@Adams

There are really only 3 things that act on your products while they're stored:

1) Tempurature - hot or cold can cause things to change a little bit, the more extreme temps can cause more extreme changes

2) UV - some products are very sensitive light exposure, so when you set that bottle down in your driveway on a hot sunny day it can be impacted. The alternative would be opaque bottles, but then it becomes hard to see how much you have or tell one product from another by color.

3) Time - everything we sell is going to last around 2 years - polishes tend to settle out, some things can change consistency, separate, and some only change in appearance. As we've always said its best to keep your product purchases like you do your groceries, only buy as much as you think you'll use before it will go bad. Sure, you might get a deal on a 10 gallon jar of mayo at costco, but will you use 10 gallons of mayo before it goes bad? (I hope not ;) )

There are really only 3 things that act on your products while they're stored:

1) Tempurature - hot or cold can cause things to change a little bit, the more extreme temps can cause more extreme changes

2) UV - some products are very sensitive light exposure, so when you set that bottle down in your driveway on a hot sunny day it can be impacted. The alternative would be opaque bottles, but then it becomes hard to see how much you have or tell one product from another by color.

3) Time - everything we sell is going to last around 2 years - polishes tend to settle out, some things can change consistency, separate, and some only change in appearance. As we've always said its best to keep your product purchases like you do your groceries, only buy as much as you think you'll use before it will go bad. Sure, you might get a deal on a 10 gallon jar of mayo at costco, but will you use 10 gallons of mayo before it goes bad? (I hope not ;) )

Ok, got it. Thanks so much again. Busy at work right now, try to do an order later.