Customer Service 866.965.0400

Products stay this year

teamcrossworks

Question

Every winter I've been moving my Adam's Products out of the cold garage and into a warm basement. This year I bought a heater to keep my car and products nice and cozy...

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Infrared-Heater-DR988-Industrial/dp/B003XOZN7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416704227&sr=8-1&keywords=garage+heater

Made in China...I'm sorry.

But I'm happy keeping my American made products from freezing.

I'm also loving the ability to do some detailing inside this year.

Edited by teamcrossworks

7 answers to this question

Pick yourself up some of this and insulate the outside of your door.  If your door isn't insulated you can pick up some rigid foam and cut and glue it into the spaces on the inside of your door.  Any idea how expensive that is going to be to use, being that it is electric?  And do you just set it and leave so that the temperature remains somewhat constant?  Just curious.  

I love my heater.  Picked it up for $200 from a guy at work that had bought some property and was converting the garage into living space.  It was almost new. 100,000 btu.  Took me two weekends to install.

post-706-0-80109800-1416708243.jpg

Edited by LFairbanks

To answer a few questions...

My garage is insulated for the most part.   :unsure:

I wish I could have bought "Made in USA" (Adam has me making the right choice 90% of the time) but I couldn't find a product I could afford that accomblished what this one does / it blows warm air with a lot of air flow so nothing really gets super hot yet the whole garage gets warm (12 x 22)

I do leave it and forget it. I've found the perfect setting to keep the garage around 50 degrees (20 outside) and turn it up when I want to be in there.

Cost will vary with cost of kilowatt hrs and how long this runs. I'll find out next month when the bill comes.

Warm garage...priceless!

Cost will vary with cost of kilowatt hrs and how long this runs. I'll find out next month when the bill comes.

Warm garage...priceless!

Just make sure you beat the wife to the mail.  Otherwise you may be sleeping in a garage with no heater if she opens the mail.... :lol:

I set mine about 55-60 degrees F during the winter months with average outside in the 20-30 degrees F range, I figured it added about $20 to my electricity bill, but my rate is pretty low at $0.085/kWh.

Edit - Garage is about 900sf, walls insulated to R-13, doors are R-19 and attic is blown-in at R-60.

Edited by TheWolf