Customer Service 866.965.0400

Talk to the doc

On the rinse less wash, can you change the smell or dial it back a bunch? That smell sticks on my hands for days and it is the one smell that I dislike out of all of Adams products. Figures that the one smell I don't like is the one smell that lingers and won't wash off my hands.  <_<

I'm with you on the smelly hands.  Get some nitril gloves.  Does the trick and it's much better for you to be protected.

Ohh that's a good idea. Something like Meg's D156!!

That would be a nice addition.  I've used D156 when using their M21 to maintain.  This would be a nice compliment to any of the LSP's.

Don't think it has been mentioned but a LSP stripping wash shampoo. I think you may have experience making one...

Another good one. 

Things I frequently use from other manufacturers because they're not available from Adam's:

1. bug/tar remover that doesn't strip durable sealants.

2. AIO with real swirl removing ability and a long lasting sealant that is effective by hand or machine.

3. spray sealant that doesn't require a final buff. 

4. dedicated spray on/walk away wheel protectant. I go through a LOT of this stuff and I only know of one version on the market.

5. microfiber wash mitts. they're so much easier to take care of IMO.

6. a QD+ / spray sealant like V07.

Edited by Gizmo

In the interest of time maintaining/enhancing the LSP, I like reload type of products:

Water activated sealant

Car Shampoo with polymers added

In the interest of time getting the finish to a good place with less steps, I like the idea of an AIO.

Is there a way to make detail spray anti-static?

I saw something about a Truck Brush. Is that in the works?

Some of the gray microfiber towels with the longer fibers would be great if added to the product line.

Also, like a few people who have already mentioned the shampoo. It could also have a little more lubricity and suds like the previous green shampoo you designed from; well I hate mentioning company names (SCG).

Lots of good stuff in here guys. Feel free to keep firing ideas off... I love the input and inspiration.

You'd be surprised how many ideas suggested are in one form of development or another - and I'm adding more all the time. Gonna be an action packed 2016 for AP product releases if all goes according to plan.

Lots of good stuff in here guys. Feel free to keep firing ideas off... I love the input and inspiration.

You'd be surprised how many ideas suggested are in one form of development or another - and I'm adding more all the time. Gonna be an action packed 2016 for AP product releases if all goes according to plan.

2016 or 2015?

I know I've brought this up on a different thread, but I have a sand blasted/damaged windshield. The damage isn't major, but it's bad enough to create a "star-like" appearance all over my windshield at night. It's like thousands of tiny pits. The pits aren't so deep that the glass is compromised and it hasn't cracked or anything.

Aside from replacing the windshield (which is free to me - county vehicle - but the damage is so minimal) would is be possible to make a sort of paint correcting polish, but for glass, that would fill in the pits? The polish could then be sealed. I understand there would need to be a reapplication every so often.

I've tried a "Ceriglass repair kit" - http://www.autogeek.net/glass-repair-kit.html and it didn't work, but I think Adams can make this happen.

Also, I agree with an air freshener line.

Edited by ramflava

I know I've brought this up on a different thread, but I have a sand blasted/damaged windshield. The damage isn't major, but it's bad enough to create a "star-like" appearance all over my windshield at night. It's like thousands of tiny pits. The pits aren't so deep that the glass is compromised and it hasn't cracked or anything.

Aside from replacing the windshield (which is free to me - county vehicle - but the damage is so minimal) would is be possible to make a sort of paint correcting polish, but for glass, that would fill in the pits? The polish could then be sealed. I understand there would need to be a reapplication every so often.

I've tried a "Ceriglass repair kit" - http://www.autogeek.net/glass-repair-kit.html and it didn't work, but I think Adams can make this happen.

Also, I agree with an air freshener line.

If you can't correct your glass with Ceriglass you're either not using it right or theres another issue.  Cerium oxide polish is what corrects glass are you seeing any improvement? I'm going to go out on a limb here but for Adam's to release their own cerium oxide polish product is redundant considering the amount of customer base that would actually need to correct glass on a daily basis.  Only thing I can think of that would fill the pits would be something like a coating, if Adam's future coating could be used on glass that might work for you.

I second offering a 5" backing plate (vented) and 5.5" pads since using 6.5" pads on a traditional DA is not the quickest way to correction using that machine. 

Edited by Ricky Bobby

If you can't correct your glass with Ceriglass you're either not using it right or theres another issue.  Cerium oxide polish is what corrects glass are you seeing any improvement? I'm going to go out on a limb here but for Adam's to release their own cerium oxide polish product is redundant considering the amount of customer base that would actually need to correct glass on a daily basis.  Only thing I can think of that would fill the pits would be something like a coating, if Adam's future coating could be used on glass that might work for you.

I second offering a 5" backing plate (vented) and 5.5" pads since using 6.5" pads on a traditional DA is not the quickest way to correction using that machine. 

Polishing glass to remove scratches is one thing, removing pits is another. It would take a pretty substantial removal of surface to get past pitting. So to the OP - I'd recommend replacement.

I would like to see Adam's offer low profile microfiber cutting and finishing pads. After trying the ones you developed for "the other guys", I can honestly say I don't know if I would go back to Adam's current MF pads. Using a FLEX I felt like I had better control with it being lower profile, seemed to get better/quicker cut and found that I could machine polish in areas I couldn't get to before (i.e. partially under the door handles) reducing some of the hand work needed.

Understanding there is logic to using both pad heights, maybe Adam's could offer both?