Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Prep + Product Testing: 2014 Subaru Forrester

Team Adam's

Subscribe!  I'm very interesting about the coating product too as I've been asked a few time from others if I would offer this.  Even tho me and my customers are still very impressed with the LPS + Buttery Wax result.

Edited by landshark

Looks very promising! I hope this is a permanent coating! I was about to buy Optimum opti-coat which is a permanent coating but I missed it and went out of stock but later was replaced with another product which lasts up to 2 years..

Good luck bro!

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't settled on the final version yet. We have SF and non-SF versions in testing, and low solvent... VOC compliance comes into play here so we are dancing around with a few options until we find the one that offers the performance we want as well as meets/exceeds VOC standards so we're not chasing reformulations every year to be compliant.

Any particular reason you ask?

Have been getting more curious about coatings and been looking into the ones on the market and the claims from each and why they are better then others and one claims that Non SF is safer to use health wise. Not sure if there is any truth in that but had me wondering on what approach you are taking on this.

True and not true. Sure, nothing that contains solvent is 'good' for you... but you'd have to be inhaling or ingesting it for there to be a concern and even then, at the legally applicable levels to meet VOC compliance it would take repeated and regular exposure to be a concern. If you were using a solvent based coating daily (like in a shop) and atomizing it to the point it became an inhalation issue I'd say theres reason to be concerned, but even then a simple surgical mask would suffice.

Obviously its always ideal to eliminate ALL potentially harmful components to a product, but if they're used responsibly the issues are really not that big. I get where you're coming from though.

I am a huge fan of coatings. 

Me too. Very cool part of the industry and behind the scenes lots of cool things happening that will push this technology even further.

behind the scenes lots of cool things happening that will push this technology even further.

That part has me so interested and really wondering what you may have up your sleeves as far as a coating. I'm really excited to see what you have developed and what future coatings could come to. Edited by SJC96GT

• 1 month later...