Customer Service 866.965.0400

PRO TIP: Dilution Ratios

• 1 month later...

Great post Doc!

I finally got my gallon of Adam's APC! tired of other brands that won't get rid of all that dirt of my tires! couple questions about diluting APC here,

1-What's the best ratio of dilution for a weekly cleaning of my tires?

2-I'm going to do a permanent coating for the tires with this product I bought recently & the tires should be super clean and stripped from any dressings & silicon .. I believe I should hit it with full strength of APC but the question is.. how many times should I do this process , I've seen people do it multiple times and then apply the coating but not with Adam's APC,

Thanks!

You may need a couple applications of full strength APC to get them bare bones clean. As well you may need a stronger solvent like Tarminator.

For weekly maintenance a 1:1 dilution works great at maintaining tires

Thanks for the tips, I might even need to do a swipe test before applying the tire coating.

Great post Doc!

I finally got my gallon of Adam's APC! tired of other brands that won't get rid of all that dirt of my tires! couple questions about diluting APC here,

1-What's the best ratio of dilution for a weekly cleaning of my tires?

2-I'm going to do a permanent coating for the tires with this product I bought recently & the tires should be super clean and stripped from any dressings & silicon .. I believe I should hit it with full strength of APC but the question is.. how many times should I do this process , I've seen people do it multiple times and then apply the coating but not with Adam's APC,

Thanks!

Generally after I have the tires cleaned up the first time I will just use car wash soap for my weekly washes even on the tires.

I mix Car Shampoo in a spray bottle at 16:1 for handling wheels and tires week to week. I keep the wheels sealed so it doesn't take much effort at all.

For prepping for the tire coating I would treat it like I was cleaning a tire normally. Apply APC and scrub, then rinse. Repeat until the foam from the APC and scrubbing isn't turning brown any more (you want white foam). This would indicate clean surface for the coating to bond to.

Edited by TheBurninator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^(previous page) I say it's meant to be used at full strength. That's why the crew at Adams test their products before hitting the market. If it were meant to be diluted it wouldnt come in a 16oz spray bottle. Always follow up with the leather conditioner or interior details spray to recondition the surface after cleaning.

Edited by KSRegalGS

Phil for your new ride you can hit it with full strength and then you probably only have to use the cleaner once a year after that.

If you want to wipe down the areas with a damp MF towel as well first before spraying that would dilute it slightly as well.

Once I have a "maintained" interior I only deep clean once a year at maximum because I'm always maintaining with wipedowns and conditioning the leather (which has a slight cleaner in it as well)

Phil for your new ride you can hit it with full strength and then you probably only have to use the cleaner once a year after that.

If you want to wipe down the areas with a damp MF towel as well first before spraying that would dilute it slightly as well.

Once I have a "maintained" interior I only deep clean once a year at maximum because I'm always maintaining with wipedowns and conditioning the leather (which has a slight cleaner in it as well)

Got it.  Yeah, I wipe down my interior and leather once a week with TID.  Thanks once again sir....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've got a quick question on the dilution of rinseless for use as a clay lube.

The 64:1 ratio listed and then I was just reading the Tesla detail where I think it's 16:1.  I've tried the 64:1 (tricky in a 16oz sprayer) and it really didn't give much slide, I'm probably at double that now (32ish:1) with borderline acceptable results, I'll be doing the wife's DD tomorrow so I'll mix up another batch and try the 16:1

Just wondering where the 64:1 came from and if anyone was having luck with it?

M

M

Honestly use the quick detailer dilution. 16:1

It's plenty slick and will get the job done. I have never needed to make a dedicated clay lube dilution, I just use quick detailer dilutions for Rinseless products. No issues to date.

Then again I also clay with a bucket of suds as well.

M

Honestly use the quick detailer dilution. 16:1

It's plenty slick and will get the job done. I have never needed to make a dedicated clay lube dilution, I just use quick detailer dilutions for Rinseless products. No issues to date.

Then again I also clay with a bucket of suds as well.

Thanks, I'm working with a 16:1 today and it works well

M

• 8 months later...

Leather & Interior Cleaner

• 8:1 - delicate surface interior cleaning
  • 3:1 - moderate soiling
  • 1:1 - general coated leather cleaning (when no stains are present)

I think this question answers itself but would the 8:1 be a suitable replacement for total interior cleaner? I know I wont have the mate finish but trying to decide if I need to buy a gallon of the total or reduce part of the leather cleaner I just bought. Thanks

Leather & Interior Cleaner

• 8:1 - delicate surface interior cleaning
  • 3:1 - moderate soiling
  • 1:1 - general coated leather cleaning (when no stains are present)

I think this question answers itself but would the 8:1 be a suitable replacement for total interior cleaner? I know I wont have the mate finish but trying to decide if I need to buy a gallon of the total or reduce part of the leather cleaner I just bought. Thanks

TID has protection that is left behind, so you would be missing that.  Maybe use your 3:1 or 8:1 to clean then TID to protect?  I have been doing often lately - cleaning with APC at 4:1, then a spritz of TID.  Makes the TID last much longer!

• 4 weeks later...

Attached is the Dilutions Table I made in case any of you would like to use it.  The amounts are not exact but are rounded up to the nearest quarter ounce.

James this is awesome!!! I thank you Sir!!! I started one last night but nothing as fancy as this lol.