Customer Service 866.965.0400

2014 GMC Sierra

Sac

Bought my truck almost a year ago. It has been mistreated for its washings.. Brushes, coil ops & drive throughs. After a quick wash one day I noticed all the swirls marks in the paint & was disgusted. Decided I needed to correct it and take better care of it. So my first big order was the Essentials Detail & Tough to Reach Wheel kits. I'm still missing some key components, but figured that is a good starting point to build on.

2014GMC-1_zps098c0667.jpg

Doing truck things...

2014GMC-2_zps6e1b54d4.jpg

Here is some pictures of the damage I have caused and there is some heavier ones on the door..

2014GMC-3_zps6dae044b.jpg

2014GMC-4_zps169257c0.jpg

And here is me doing to "baggie" test.. I was shocked! For a paint to "look" clean and for it to feel like sandpaper is crazy. Also my first of many Adam's order came in. Plan to wash it, clay it, revive it and put a layer of buttery wax on it for now till I can order the Machine Polishing kit!

Adams_zps53317179.jpg

2014GMC-5_zpsf9b915dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking truck, look the color!

Thanks, as do I! I'm painting both my project trucks that color! 

Side note.. The weather was horrible while I was home. Cold, wet and overcast for like 8 days straight. I got called back to work unexpected, so the detail will have to wait for a little bit longer. But that's okay, gives me time to order a machine polishing kit(I know my truck needs it)!

Forgot I took these pictures. Was at a gas station filling up they had great lighting, which made me face palm myself at how trashed it is!

2014GMC-7_zpse6b0089a.jpg

2014GMC-8_zps124250fe.jpg

And……..Welcome to my other nightmare(Besides the concrete on the rockers), stray cats! Really need to get my enclosed shop built soon.

2014GMC-6_zpsf97f5c8b.jpg

Edited by Sac

Thanks, as do I! I'm painting both my project trucks that color!

It would help if I could spell.lol I didn't catch that until now. I corrected it.lol Definitely digging the color of that truck though.

Side note.. The weather was horrible while I was home. Cold, wet and overcast for like 8 days straight. I got called back to work unexpected, so the detail will have to wait for a little bit longer. But that's okay, gives me time to order a machine polishing kit(I know my truck needs it)!

Forgot I took these pictures. Was at a gas station filling up they had great lighting, which made me face palm myself at how trashed it is!

Looks like you have some work ahead of you. But once you're done with the correction, it'll look good as new. Post pictures up after you do the correction.

And……..Welcome to my other nightmare(Besides the concrete on the rockers), stray cats! Really need to get my enclosed shop built soon.

Oh man, you're having the same problem someone I know had. They couldn't keep the cats out of the garage (snuck into the garage somehow) and they jumped onto both front fenders and hood of their BMW. I ended up using an AIO polish to remove the scratches. Look forward to seeing the results of your truck!

Edited by SJC96GT

It would help if I could spell.lol I didn't catch that until now. I corrected it.lol Definitely digging the color of that truck though.

Looks like you have some work ahead of you. But once you're done with the correction, it'll look good as new. Post pictures up after you do the correction.

Oh man, you're having the same problem someone I know had. They couldn't keep the cats out of the garage (snuck into the garage somehow) and they jumped onto both front fenders and hood of their BMW. I ended up using an AIO polish to remove the scratches. Look forward to seeing the results of your truck!

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't clayed or corrected it yet. But did give it a good wash and interior cleaning this morning. Favorite product used today, Total Interior Detailer. Gave the entire truck and fresh and clean look without being gaudy like most interior spray. 

Rinsed the cloth wheel well

Deep Wheel Cleaner(Stuff STINKS, my only complaint)

Turbo stick for barrel(First time using it, awesome)

Car Shampoo the face of wheel

Rinsed the entire truck

Car shampoo with single bucket wash(still needing a 2nd)

Mist of Detail Spray

Dried with Great White

Super VRT to trim and tires

Some pictures… Love clean door jams! 

2014GMC-9_zpse20528aa.jpg

2014GMC-10_zps153b689d.jpg

2014GMC-11_zps700713ee.jpg

That is a gorgeous color.

Dude at least go to Home Depot for $3 and get a spare bucket for rinse water and another grit guard for $9, one bucket for rinse/wash water is definitely living on the edge in my opinion lol.

If you think DWC stinks, you're right it does have a pungent odor but it is well masked by the "cherry scent".  Its the active chemical that smells like a woman's hair salon.  But to be honest, I've tried Sonax, 1Z, and IronX, and DWC is actually the most bearable scent out of all of them.  Sonax makes you want to puke.

I'm also impressed with TID as an interior wipe product, will most likely keep using it.

That is a gorgeous color.

Dude at least go to Home Depot for $3 and get a spare bucket for rinse water and another grit guard for $9, one bucket for rinse/wash water is definitely living on the edge in my opinion lol.

If you think DWC stinks, you're right it does have a pungent odor but it is well masked by the "cherry scent".  Its the active chemical that smells like a woman's hair salon.  But to be honest, I've tried Sonax, 1Z, and IronX, and DWC is actually the most bearable scent out of all of them.  Sonax makes you want to puke.

I'm also impressed with TID as an interior wipe product, will most likely keep using it.

I'm going to get another wash bucket once I get it corrected/protected. It is still trashed pretty bad. I actually had what some would call an omen.. Still used my brush for the roof and the head broke off the handle. Come on Adam's brush! 

That's good to know about DWC. Hopefully I won't need it every wash. Probably going to pick up some GWC since its so cheap now. 

I'm going to get another wash bucket once I get it corrected/protected. It is still trashed pretty bad. I actually had what some would call an omen.. Still used my brush for the roof and the head broke off the handle. Come on Adam's brush! 

That's good to know about DWC. Hopefully I won't need it every wash. Probably going to pick up some GWC since its so cheap now. 

You don't need DWC or GWC every wash.  If you have Car Shampoo you already have your maintenance cleaner.

Use DWC once every 2-3 months for "deep clean" and decon of the wheels.  Seal them with Quick Sealant afterwards.  For maintenance cleanings just use a dedicated bucket with woolies, brushes, and car shampoo suds to clean.  Once they are deep cleaned and sealed you'll get about 3 months of protection before needing to deep clean and seal again.

You don't need DWC or GWC every wash.  If you have Car Shampoo you already have your maintenance cleaner.

Use DWC once every 2-3 months for "deep clean" and decon of the wheels.  Seal them with Quick Sealant afterwards.  For maintenance cleanings just use a dedicated bucket with woolies, brushes, and car shampoo suds to clean.  Once they are deep cleaned and sealed you'll get about 3 months of protection before needing to deep clean and seal again.

Sounds like a plan. About to go take advantage of the current sale! 

Did some work on my mom Jeep Cherokee today. Boy doesn't that thing have some nooks & crannies.. Put I used hers as a test. Clayed the hood, Revive & Buttery Wax. Needless to say, I just bought a PC7424xp and 2 step polishing kit. Also stocked up on some Detail Spray and APC in gallons and then bought some Liquid Paint Sealant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to polishing my truck!! Started at 8:30 this morning and 40* with a 20mph wind, needless to say I washed it pretty quick and moved it inside.

Favorite product today.. LPS! So easy to put and with the Porter Cable and wipes off super easy. I'm calling it 85% corrected, but looks 100x's better! I tore the foam orange pad so had to finish a rear door, beside and tailgate with the white pad. Thinking I need a few more passes with a orange microfiber pad and some spot treatments with a 4" pad.

But I'm happy for "now". When I come back home from work, I'm sure I'll hit it again to get it perfect! 

2014GMC-12_zps7cf96319.jpg

2014GMC-13_zps5911128c.jpg

2014GMC-14_zps7f63a2ef.jpg

Looks great, especially for the short time you had to work, and the pad issue.

Thanks! Lessoned learned with the pad.. I was getting lazy at the end and pulled it away from the truck a full speed. Pad ballooned out and part of it rip off from the velcro backing.

Killed it!!!

Looks a lot better.  Great job!

Thanks! Learned a lot from this first polish! Ready to order some more products and keep it looking good till its time to polish it again.