Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Pad for AIO

Junior

Question

14 answers to this question

Sorry not sure what  polish you are talking about.

Chris, I'm thinking he's referring to a different brand all-in-one polish.

I will let Dylan chime in for a better answer, as I don't have much experience with All-in-One polishes, but I would say if the surface is heavily swirled and you are using Adam's polishing pads, then you would still probably want an orange microfiber or orange foam pad for their correcting capabilities. Granted, it's not designed to be an AIO, but I've been able to do a one-step polish using the orange pads with Paint Correcting Polish on a few cars that I've detailed...it all depends on how soft the clearcoat is for me.  If the surface isn't too bad, then use the white polishing pads.  You always want to try the least aggressive pads and polish to start with in a test spot, then determine if you will need to go with a more aggressive pad and polish solution.

One other factor to consider, which polisher are you using?  7424xp, Flex, Cyclo, other? 

Edited by psu goat

Thanks Dan. I am using the Cyclo mostly and sometimes the Flex. I have never used the machine for this specific polish, but thinking about it. Hence the reason for the inquiry. The polish is one offered by another company obviously. It will be awesome if Adams comes out with one.

I have used an AIO Polish before and I use the Rupes yellow foam pads which is a fine pad. And I had great results with that, take for instance this Equinox. I used an AIO Polish on entire vehicle and this picture is taken after I applied the sealant.

post-11831-0-55197300-1419817841_thumb.jpg

Edited by SJC96GT

I don't have anything but the Adams pads. Not sure what in the Adams line of pads compares to the Rupes pads.

If I had to guess what pad to use from Adams with an AIO Polish. I'd guess the same one (Orange foam) in this kit - http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/4-polishing-kits/adam-s-4-one-step-correction-kit.html

I'd say that's a pad that works with AIO Polish since the pads are used in a one step correction. Maybe Dylan would be able to chime in on this topic and give you the best answer.