Customer Service 866.965.0400

I go away from browsing this thread for a day or two and there's all this talk of stripper scent, haha.  I was chatting with my friend Bobby (2013expressram) that I was jokingly going to suggest it, because one of my coworkers used to always show up to work wreaking of their stenchsmell...but I know Adam's isn't that type of company, and I commend them for it and for having values.  I've never even personally been to one of those establishments...just not my thing...but I had no idea a company actually made that scent. Haha.

My votes:

- Patriot Wax Vanilla

- Pina Colada

- Swedish Fish

- Leather

- Liquid Paint Sealant Black Licorice

Some really nice scents suggested so far.

I was thinking

Patriot Vanilla

Coconut

Detail Spray

TID

Maybe something cherry? Though if you managed to pull it off Dylan I would buy lots and lots of old car scent LOL

I think you leave the air fresheners to the little green tree guys and concentrate on what you do best, fix problems, not mask them.I believe going in this direction might be a waste of time and effort. I would rather see you guys develop a chrome cleaner,a more aggresive scratch and swirl remover than the present orange correcting polish (like the old SVR without the dust please!) or products that produce better results in the look, inside and out ,of vehicle, not masking smells that last a couple of weeks or so and then end up in the garbage can. I absolutley love and use 99.5 % of Adams products on all my vehicles and customers vehicles too and just don't think air fresheners are the way to go. There are 2 groups of people that detail vehicles, people who want to keep thier personal vehicles clean and people who detail professionally. My guess is the profesionall detailers could care less about air fresheners and would rather see you guys concentrate on the "chemical" aspect of detailing, not air fresheners. I understand Adams products caters to both groups so I see where your coming from, just keep your eye on the prize, perfection in products like you guys always produce, not a 2 week solution to something that shouldn't smell in the first place.I will always use and can't say enough great things about Adams products, just stick to what you guys do best !!

^^^ I think you missed the post Dylan made on the 2nd page.

I don't understand why some of you are getting so bent out of shape about air fresheners. What Adams would produce would be an air freshener AND odor eliminator, not just a product that masks smells for a couple days. Additionally, it's not like they're dedicating 100% of their R&D time and money on this single product. My bet is they have many many products they are testing. And like Dylan stated in the first post, if/when they do come out with them, there will only be a couple of scents to choose from. The wonderful thing is, you get to choose whether or not you want to spend the money on this product. No one is forcing you to buy it...

I don't understand why some of you are getting so bent out of shape about air fresheners. What Adams would produce would be an air freshener AND odor eliminator, not just a product that masks smells for a couple days. Additionally, it's not like they're dedicating 100% of their R&D time and money on this single product. My bet is they have many many products they are testing. And like Dylan stated in the first post, if/when they do come out with them, there will only be a couple of scents to choose from. The wonderful thing is, you get to choose whether or not you want to spend the money on this product. No one is forcing you to buy it...

I completley understand where your coming from and understand the companys viewpoint on this,I just think R and D time could be used in different areas thats all.

I completley understand where your coming from and understand the companys viewpoint on this,I just think R and D time could be used in different areas thats all.

I understand that, but I doubt they're neglecting the other projects they have as well.

It's kinda like being mad that your favorite Burger joint sells veggie burgers as an option for those who prefer them.

Just as long as Jason and I get our Amber Sandalwood fix everything will be cool.

Edited by Rick72

I'll reiterate a few things that some people seem to be missing:

1. There is currently no plan to travel to each of your houses and hold you at gunpoint until you buy an air freshener against your will. We don't have the budget for it and I'm not trying to force this on anyone that doesn't want it, but it seems some of you think this might happen based on the reactions.
  2. This isn't just an air freshener concept, its a deodorizer. Many "professional" lines sell similar products - they kill odors and leave behind a scent. This isn't a concept where we'll be adding scent just to add scent. If you never encounter a need for a product like this FANTASTIC! Count yourself fortunate. I unfortunately have kids, live in a snowy/wet climate, and there are occasions where the interior could use a product to kill kid/food/damp odors.
  3. At last count I have about 20 products in various stages of testing - which is about typical for me. Somehow I manage to test more than one and work on its development given my 50+ hour a week commitment to it. I think I'll be able to manage this and still test other things, despite the lack of confidence some have in that ability.

• There is currently no plan to travel to each of your houses and hold you at gunpoint until you buy an air freshener against your will. We don't have the budget for it and I'm not trying to force this on anyone that doesn't want it, but it seems some of you think this might happen based on the reactions.
  • This isn't just an air freshener concept, its a deodorizer. Many "professional" lines sell similar products - they kill odors and leave behind a scent. This isn't a concept where we'll be adding scent just to add scent. If you never encounter a need for a product like this FANTASTIC! Count yourself fortunate. I unfortunately have kids, live in a snowy/wet climate, and there are occasions where the interior could use a product to kill kid/food/damp odors.
  • At last count I have about 20 products in various stages of testing - which is about typical for me. Somehow I manage to test more than one and work on its development given my 50+ hour a week commitment to it. I think I'll be able to manage this and still test other things, despite the lack of confidence some have in that ability.

Well said. I agree with you that these odor eliminators a are great. As you said these are great even if ones interior is in good shape.

Most people who think they dont need a scent masking spray, stink.

Ill gladly take any type of citrus/vanilla/cherry smell. I really like the TID smell but it doesnt seem to last long. But im also smart enough to know if i dont like a certain smell, i wouldnt buy it. 

• There is currently no plan to travel to each of your houses and hold you at gunpoint until you buy an air freshener against your will. We don't have the budget for it and I'm not trying to force this on anyone that doesn't want it, but it seems some of you think this might happen based on the reactions.
  • This isn't just an air freshener concept, its a deodorizer. Many "professional" lines sell similar products - they kill odors and leave behind a scent. This isn't a concept where we'll be adding scent just to add scent. If you never encounter a need for a product like this FANTASTIC! Count yourself fortunate. I unfortunately have kids, live in a snowy/wet climate, and there are occasions where the interior could use a product to kill kid/food/damp odors.
  • At last count I have about 20 products in various stages of testing - which is about typical for me. Somehow I manage to test more than one and work on its development given my 50+ hour a week commitment to it. I think I'll be able to manage this and still test other things, despite the lack of confidence some have in that ability.

While I may not purchase an air freshener...as I don't purchase them now...and never did....

I 100% LOVE the comprehensive, out of the box brainstorming of ideas and surveying of the online community I am seeing from DVK.

While it's is CRITICAL for a company such as Adams (niche market) to never ever lose sight of their core business...it is JUST AS CRITICAL for any smart business nowadays to continually look to innovate. The best way to innovate is to think outside the box as to not squash the creativity required.

Kudos to DVK and the Adams team for being smart.

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5