Customer Service 866.965.0400

• 1 month later...

Good article. Was just going to post this for a question, so I'm glad I looked here...

So for a daily driver, I don't see much of a benefit of putting on wax then. Sealant will do. I don't need it shining like a show car. 

now the garage queen corvette that gets maybe 5K miles a year... I suppose sealant can't hurt, but I feel like going right from polishing to a wax, topped off with glaze sounds like a good idea. and every time you wanna bring out the shine (car show, weekend outing) you put on a layer of glaze and you're good for another few days. probably wax once a month with buttery, and few months with americana

man, sometimes it gets overwhelming lol

Edited by Z06Seal

now the garage queen corvette that gets maybe 5K miles a year... I suppose sealant can't hurt, but I feel like going right from polishing to a wax, topped off with glaze sounds like a good idea. and every time you wanna bring out the shine (car show, weekend outing) you put on a layer of glaze and you're good for another few days. probably wax once a month with buttery, and few months with americana

man, sometimes it gets overwhelming lol

For your garage queen, throw down glaze before wax, it'll trap the 'pop' that glaze gives the paint and make it last longer.

• 2 years later...

Great write up! I just stripped and sealed my car on Sunday. It's been in the garage since I finished. Could I potentially go in tonight clean it up with some waterless wash (or even just detail spray?) and put a coat of glaze then Americana? Or does this process need to be done one after the other on the same day?

• 2 months later...

I'm almost done polishing my garage queen - 2002 Trans Am, 36k miles, white - and want to layer a few products. I have H2O Guard & Gloss, Americana, and Buttery Wax at home. I was under the impression that H2OGG was only for short-term protection, but here it's listed as a sealant that can be used as a base when layering.

Would it be silly to use H2OGG as the base before applying Americana? Or would I be better off simply using Americana (possibly topped with Buttery Wax)? My goal here is more shine than protection and for it to last the next couple months.

Between drives, I assume Detail Spray will help without much affect on the wax?

No - it would NOT be silly to use H2O as a base layer and then put Americana on top of it. It probably won't last as long as Paint Sealant but there are so many variables that effect longevity it's hard to give an estimate.

I would NOT top Americana with Buttery. Americana is a very high quality wax that will give you an incredible shine. Buttery will not improve it. If you want to put Buttery down after a month or two it would be fine but if you have Americana - use Americana.

Detail Spray is perfect for wipe downs and will only boost the wax.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, falcaineer said:

:iagree:

Quite possibly my favorite "informative" article on this forum, and have referenced/linked to it numerous times. Should be mandatory reading for all newbies when an account is created.

Seems legit.

Falcaineer has helped me out a bunch!

• 9 months later...
On 10/6/2017 at 4:53 PM, falcaineer said:

:iagree:

Quite possibly my favorite "informative" article on this forum, and have referenced/linked to it numerous times. Should be mandatory reading for all newbies when an account is created.

Totally agree.

Thanks Falcaineer for the link.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, mwelton said:

Just read this article. Even though its 2018 this information will be used wisely. Thanks for the clarification. 

Said it above and elsewhere on here. This article should be mandatory reading for all newbies to the detailing world. It's also great for those of us who have been around a while. ?

• 3 months later...

just removed the ceramic wax off my work truck.Its been on for 4 months.The hood and top was still going strong.Lower panels had a little break down.But we have had a ton of wet weather.so very pleased with it.This is a Chevy 2500 diesel so big tires throwing tons of water on it.But held up well.Truck washed up easy and heavy beading still going strong on up sides .Got bored and wanted to try something else.But over all impression very nice with 1 coat

Randy

• 1 month later...

So I see that it states if you use a wax over a ceramic coat you will lose some of the hydrophobic effects.  Is this still the case with the new Adams Ceramic Wax?  I was planning on using this, but if I am going to lose some of the great properties of a ceramic coat then I might pass.

12 hours ago, vcordaro said:

So I see that it states if you use a wax over a ceramic coat you will lose some of the hydrophobic effects.  Is this still the case with the new Adams Ceramic Wax?  I was planning on using this, but if I am going to lose some of the great properties of a ceramic coat then I might pass.

No, not the case for the ceramic paste wax. This is an older (but still "gooder" 😉) article, and waxes referenced in here refer to caranuba-based like Buttery, Americana, and Patriot, which aren't in the same product family as coatings, i.e., silica. Any of the SiO2 infused products listed on the website, like the ceramic paste wax or ceramic liquid wax, are meant to maintain ceramic coatings (or be stand-alone) and are ideal options. You're good to go!

Note: Patriot does contain a very small amount if silica, but it's apparently not enough to register as "silica-infused" on the website. 

Edited by falcaineer

9 hours ago, vcordaro said:

The Ceramic Paste Wax is awesome and I've only used it on non-coated vehicles so far.  I know the coated vehicles don't need the wax, yet I also know the effort is in the preparation and if three is a way to extend the life of the coating by having wax on it, why not.

• 1 month later...

Many years ago there was discussion whether "Revive Polish" was a polish or sealant. Do we know?

I clayed and washed the Vette. Then put on Revive (GREAT RESULTS).. Plan is to now apply Buttery Wax and then Glaze. Effort is to get a lot of POP.

Vette is 2016 shark gray metallic with only 4000 miles. I bought 2 months ago with 2000 miles.   Thank you for the great article !

Edited by xlr8rvette

Hi Bill, the Revive is indeed a polish, not much protection there.  However, it cleans the paint and offers a significant gloss upgrade.  I'd also suggest using the Buttery Wax, then, every few months, add a coat of Brilliant Glaze.  Putting the Glaze right over the Wax won't net much more gloss or additional protection.  

Let's see the Vette!