Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good article. Was just going to post this for a question, so I'm glad I looked here...

So for a daily driver, I don't see much of a benefit of putting on wax then. Sealant will do. I don't need it shining like a show car. 

now the garage queen corvette that gets maybe 5K miles a year... I suppose sealant can't hurt, but I feel like going right from polishing to a wax, topped off with glaze sounds like a good idea. and every time you wanna bring out the shine (car show, weekend outing) you put on a layer of glaze and you're good for another few days. probably wax once a month with buttery, and few months with americana

man, sometimes it gets overwhelming lol

Edited by Z06Seal

now the garage queen corvette that gets maybe 5K miles a year... I suppose sealant can't hurt, but I feel like going right from polishing to a wax, topped off with glaze sounds like a good idea. and every time you wanna bring out the shine (car show, weekend outing) you put on a layer of glaze and you're good for another few days. probably wax once a month with buttery, and few months with americana

man, sometimes it gets overwhelming lol

For your garage queen, throw down glaze before wax, it'll trap the 'pop' that glaze gives the paint and make it last longer.

Great write up! I just stripped and sealed my car on Sunday. It's been in the garage since I finished. Could I potentially go in tonight clean it up with some waterless wash (or even just detail spray?) and put a coat of glaze then Americana? Or does this process need to be done one after the other on the same day?

Spreading it out over a few days is fine. Just make sure it's clean before each step.

I'm almost done polishing my garage queen - 2002 Trans Am, 36k miles, white - and want to layer a few products. I have H2O Guard & Gloss, Americana, and Buttery Wax at home. I was under the impression that H2OGG was only for short-term protection, but here it's listed as a sealant that can be used as a base when layering.

Would it be silly to use H2OGG as the base before applying Americana? Or would I be better off simply using Americana (possibly topped with Buttery Wax)? My goal here is more shine than protection and for it to last the next couple months.

Between drives, I assume Detail Spray will help without much affect on the wax?

No - it would NOT be silly to use H2O as a base layer and then put Americana on top of it. It probably won't last as long as Paint Sealant but there are so many variables that effect longevity it's hard to give an estimate.

I would NOT top Americana with Buttery. Americana is a very high quality wax that will give you an incredible shine. Buttery will not improve it. If you want to put Buttery down after a month or two it would be fine but if you have Americana - use Americana.

Detail Spray is perfect for wipe downs and will only boost the wax.

Great article! Phenomvw is correct it most definitely will give a lot of us newbies a great base! Love the article.

Thanks ????

:iagree:

Quite possibly my favorite "informative" article on this forum, and have referenced/linked to it numerous times. Should be mandatory reading for all newbies when an account is created.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, falcaineer said:

:iagree:

Quite possibly my favorite "informative" article on this forum, and have referenced/linked to it numerous times. Should be mandatory reading for all newbies when an account is created.

Seems legit.

Falcaineer has helped me out a bunch!