Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Future Protection?

legioncharger

Coating development?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Adam's develop a ceramic coating product?

• Yes
    • No
    • Impartial

Question

So I'm sure most of you guys have seen/used ceramic coatings. Being a big fan of Adam's and all their wonderful products, I would personally love to see them take on making one of these products. What do you guys think? Personally I would love to see them expand their market.

Truitt

11 answers to this question

I doubt it'll cut to far into sales. Many people may by the coating for themselves but not necessarily use it on their customers' cars. Also many people like to layer products, assuming the coating will accept layering, I'm sure sales of other products will remain steady. Also some people may not want to try that technique due to lack of skill or time.

Coatings are not cheap to manufacture... as with most any product in the category that offers long term performance you'll pay a premium of $100 or more for enough to treat 1 vehicle (2oz or so). That alone makes it a product category not for everyone.

For me personally - I'd never coat my C10. It lives 99% of its life in the garage, never sees weather, and a coating would just be a waste. My Honda however lives 24/7 outside and gets beaten so a coating makes perfect sense.

Plus - in the areas of coatings there are still all the same needs for care - washing and cleaning don't stop - and there are also the support products like maintenance sprays and specialized soaps.

Looking forward to seeing what AP comes out with in the next few months as far as a DIY coating!!!  I just got one of our cars polished/coated with a well known/respected brand but we do have another car in our family - that you may have had the pleasure of riding around in last Fall - that would be a prime candidate for such a theoretical Adams coating......  *HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT* :)