Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time Quick Sealant use - 22" Satin Black HRE Wheels

ralphsmithiii

Question

Hey everybody, I wanted to share my first experience using Adam's Quick Sealant while detailing my fianaces 09 MB ML63 AMG.  I put a set of 22' HRE Wheels in Satin Black on them about 8 months ago and they have slowly become somewhat dull and faded.  I assumed it was due to just wear and tear as it's now her daily driver.  I also wasn't sure if the fading was due to a series of wheel cleaners that I've used although all of them stated on the label they were safe for this type of finish.

Anyhow,

I do have an arsenal of detailing items including Adams Machine Super Sealant and now Adam's Paint Sealant.  When I bought the Paint Sealant I opted to buy the Quick Sealant for areas I couldn't reach with the others.

So, here's a before picture of one of the wheels that I just cleaned and dried.  There's an overcast outside so the picture may not show the true dullness of the wheel.

C14C0791-6172-4C67-9D67-AEABCA13305D_zps

8107E805-1A76-4595-B3A0-125AF92BC0ED_zps

After pic without using applicator: If you look close enough you can see where I missed some of the wheel with the Quick Sealant to get an idea of the before/dullness.

D2AEA2C0-4585-4EA5-91EC-A92CE56C3EA4_zps

After using Adam's Hex applicator to work it into the wheel:

5E8E0D55-D491-437E-BE57-7012D27EFF36_zps

Needless to say, I'm super happy with the end result.  Again, with my iPhone on an overcast days the pictures don't really show the true before and after.  I'm hoping it holds up but I suppose only time will tell.

11 answers to this question

Good to here, I was searching this topic the other day.  I ordered up some 22 gm reps in satin black for my black sierra denali. Decided it was time to lose the chrome 22's and go a different route.  They should be here this week.  I'll try to post some pics once I get it all done.  

Satin. Isn't satin just a bit more glossy than 'true' matte?

Dunno.  Same protection regimen either way.  Although satin and matte are used so interchangeably nowadays when talking about wheel colors by different manufacturers.  When one said satin a few years ago it really meant a semi-gloss wheel.

They look pretty matte to me, but its hard when not seeing in person.  I'll take the OP's word for it though that they are more of a satin finish.