Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Americana wax or Patriot wax

El_Gabe

Question

looking to make the switch from the good buttery wax to one of these

but having trouble deciding 

is there a difference from the americana to the patriot?

what will make the "Race Red" paint pop  better 

is one easier than the other to apply? and what you guys suggest i should use to apply it 

thank you  for the help im still  learning in this game and why not begin with the best product in the world

thank you , i forgot to mention its my DD  , so americana would be a better fit for that?

Yeppers.  I've used Americana on my Victory Red 5th Gen Camaro for severla years and it looks FANTASTIC. Mine is a weekend driver stored in a garage and the coat lasts a good 6 months although I usually add another coat about 3 months in just for fun.  Your DD won't last as long but expect a couple of months out of it depending on weather and other conditions.

You do have to be careful when applying Americana because it sets up quickly.  Don't do more than a panel or two before buffing off our it gets hard to remove.  I just purchased a tub of Patriot after the price recently dropped and I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I understand it goes on and comes off even easier than American and looks even better.  But it doesn't last as long.

If I could have only one I'd stick w/ Americana but I wanted to try Patriot so picked it up, too.

You'll be very happy w/ either.

thank you guys for the tips and input ,

im going with the Adam's premium shine kit

since i love the brilliant glaze and im running out and it comes with the Americana and it cost less than the patriot wax

and the paint sealer since my last order came with a 15% off code  thank you to the folks from adams

now one last question i know the wax comes with a  applicator 

do you guys use that one or another one to make it easier?

Patriot is much more a 'car show wax'... not terribly durable, but looks fantastic in addition to being a joy to apply. It really is an experience you wont' forget if you're a wax nerd.

Americana is far more balanced and offers a much better level of durability.

So in terms of which one you want - its more about how it'll be used. I generally reserve Patriot for cars that are babied and garaged, maybe your weekend driver. If you want something better suited to exposure to the world I'd go Americana.

If thats your DD, you mad ea  fantastic choice.  Actually, its not a bad choice either way.  Americana is a wax that performs far beyond its price point.  I have waxes costing 2.5 times the $$, and Americana does a good job competing with them.

So I just got shipment
The Imma make your mustang shine and break necks shipment

post-12468-0-04971000-1422569294_thumb.jpg

so a few questions 

i plan on 

1)washing /drying

2)hit it with the IPA

3)liquid paint sealant

4)wait 1 hour =l

5) Brilliant glaze 

6)Americana premium paste wax(is it me or it smells like medicine lol?)

some people say i should glaze,seal then wax 

what do you guys suggest? i think i read somewhere here to go the way i have it 

and when i am applying the wax is it wax on wax off or i should i wait a certain time  while using the Americana wax?

thank you for all the great help!

Edited by El_Gabe

• Sealant
  • Glaze
  • Wax

Did this on my S4 this past July hit a couple more times with glaze going into winter, now when I wash the car most everything sheds off the car and it still shines even after salt and snow for days.

Sealant, glaze, wax. Check to see if it needs clayed before sealing as well. Additionally, no need to wait an hour before topping the sealant. You can if you want, but it's not necessary. If you work panel by panel by the time you come back to the first panel you'll be good to top it with glaze and wax. Not sure where you live or if you daily drive your mustang, but it might be a waste to glaze it during this time of year...your call though!

Sealant, glaze, wax. Check to see if it needs clayed before sealing as well. Additionally, no need to wait an hour before topping the sealant. You can if you want, but it's not necessary. If you work panel by panel by the time you come back to the first panel you'll be good to top it with glaze and wax. Not sure where you live or if you daily drive your mustang, but it might be a waste to glaze it during this time of year...your call though!

sunny california well it has been cloudy today and yes its my DD