Customer Service 866.965.0400

An important announcement from Adam.

Great news and I fully support!

Adam and his company always put us, the consumer first by doing their best to offer the best products. I really think it's great how Adam made the announcement.

You're proud to offer the best, and I am proud to show off the best on my rides! :)

Adams rocks!

Makes sense to me. Successful business operates in a global economy, restrict yourself and be left behind.

Outside of the USA does not mean junk. Junk from anywhere is simply JUNK!

I trust Adam to find the best products available and if it has an Adam's sticker on it I will assume & trust it has been researched and is a quality product. Continuing to source as much as possible from USA companies is still at the heart of Adam's.

So, just more good stuff to buy from Adam's. I will continue to be a loyal Adam's customer.

Sweeeeet! I think this is a smart move, and a necessary move to keep your customers. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has many other products from competitors to fill the void where Adams couldn't, so I think this is a great move. Kind of bummed right now, I JUST ordered a Flex yesterday. Had I seen this I would have loved to support Adams.

Thanks guys!

I'm just going to rant aimlessly for a few paragraphs here because I honestly don't have any objections whatsoever about Adams expanding their line to include some items that have components sourced from an Asian country.  Having one component that's made in Taiwan is not going to ruin the Adams Polishes image.

FYI Made in Taiwan is not the same thing as Made in China.  Labor practices in Taiwan are not the same as in China.

That's like saying Made in Greece vs. Made in the U.K.  - they're both in Europe, so they must be the same!

Although in my experience, I can't blame people for thinking that, since I get this all the time:

Someone: "So where are you from, originally?"

Me:  "I'm from Taiwan."

Someone:  "Oh cool! I know a friend that lives in Thailand."

Jae I'm with you man, not sure if you read it but I echoed the same sentiment in the "other" thread and pasted below.  I don't have an issue with Taiwan just like I don't have an issue with Korea, Germany, many european countries, etc.  I never thought Taiwan was off limits, although you can't say that its 100% Made in USA, neither can you about the MF towels.  I think part of it is to pave the way for the occasional component of a product that might be Chinese made, so that the customer knows it up front before buying it.

The first wave foam gun from my impressions on the older threads were that they advertised it as Made 100% in USA and took pre-orders but was ended up components made in Taiwan and some customers (the die hard 100% buy in America or nothing) maybe complained?  Idk, I wasn't around on these boards then.

But I'm with you man, Taiwan is NOT China.

"Dylan, just did some homework for myself, is there an issue with Taiwanese manufacturing? Last time I checked, they were a constitutional republic, self declared Republic of China, recognized by the UN as a sovereign state (not to be confused with the Peoples Republic of Cheena), and similar to the North/South Korea relationship in which they claim sovereignty and not related with mainland China to the north. Only difference is mainland China is not subject to the blackouts of the DPRK lol.

So as far as I can tell Taiwan is not a communist country, and unless there are labor problems over there not sure what the problem would be about having a portion of the trigger made in Taiwan.

I understand the whole you can't advertise an item as "100% made in USA" if a Taiwanese part is a portion of it, but the old business mantra of not supporting communist countries/countries who can't pay a decent wage for labor is still in effect, I don't think Taiwan is a country that would violate that mantra, unless I'm mistaken."

I'm just going to rant aimlessly for a few paragraphs here because I honestly don't have any objections whatsoever about Adams expanding their line to include some items that have components sourced from an Asian country.  Having one component that's made in Taiwan is not going to ruin the Adams Polishes image.

FYI Made in Taiwan is not the same thing as Made in China.  Labor practices in Taiwan are not the same as in China.

That's like saying Made in Greece vs. Made in the U.K.  - they're both in Europe, so they must be the same!

Although in my experience, I can't blame people for thinking that, since I get this all the time:

I honestly never understood turning business away because the only product available wasn't U.S. made.  I'm all about this decision.  My family tries to buy U.S. made when it's available, is as good or better than foreign made, and or is economically justifiable. 

Your job is to bring us new, quality, time saving products.  Let us decide if we want to buy it due to it's manufacturing origin. 

PERFECT! 

You're my favorite Taiwanese export Jae ;)

In this day and age your decision seems to be a good one for profitability and better customer service. While I applaud and support American businesses it's a fact of life that we have a world economy and as you point out some things are simply not made here any more. At some point we need to embrace our humanity and similarities rather than our geographical or other differences. I will continue to support your company and feel you've made an excellent decision with this move. Best of luck with it.

Kinda saw this coming to be honest.

I often miss the many accessories Adam's used to carry, such as the MADE IN USA Goodyear hoses (best hose I've ever used), the Red/White/Blue extension cord (use mine all the time), the Dramm brass shut off valve (love mine, especially polished up :D), etc. I figured these were dropped because the profit margins weren't high enough to justify carrying the products anymore.

I think I actually liked the random accessories that were carried over the staple products. One can only buy so many gallons of product at a time. While I'm happy to hear there will be a new influx of products coming to Adam's, I still refuse to buy Chinese products whenever possible, it's just a thing with me. Not saying I don't own any Chinese made products, I just try very hard to avoid them. 

In this day and age, it seems it's nearly impossible to steer clear of cheap Chinese made products. That's the way the world is. I often say, at my 32 years of age, I wish I grew up during a different era...... I'd give up cell phones/computers/satellite TV in a second to avoid products made overseas and especially my pet peeve of corporate named stadiums/arenas/venues.

Just my .02

I often miss the many accessories Adam's used to carry, such as the MADE IN USA Goodyear hoses (best hose I've ever used) available at Home depot for $30 for 50 ft, I have 2 and would never buy other hoses, the Red/White/Blue extension cord (use mine all the time), the Dramm brass shut off valve (love mine, especially polished up :D) still around not just sold by Adams, etc. I figured these were dropped because the profit margins weren't high enough to justify carrying the products anymore. 

I think I actually liked the random accessories that were carried over the staple products. One can only buy so many gallons of product at a time. While I'm happy to hear there will be a new influx of products coming to Adam's, I still refuse to buy Chinese products whenever possible, it's just a thing with me. Not saying I don't own any Chinese made products, I just try very hard to avoid them. With you there, I try my best but sometimes its unavoidable.

In this day and age, it seems it's nearly impossible to steer clear of cheap Chinese made products. That's the way the world is. I often say, at my 32 years of age, I wish I grew up during a different era...... I'd give up cell phones/computers/satellite TV in a second to avoid products made overseas and especially my pet peeve of corporate named stadiums/arenas/venues.

Just my .02

To be clear items like the hose, extension cords, or shut offs weren't removed for profit margins or things like that - if thats how we made decsions we'd have very few products to sell you guys. Premium car care products, with the service and things we back it with, is not a buy-low-sell-high venture at any level. 

Tthe reason they were removed is customers voted with their wallets and didn't buy them at a rate that justified keeping them around. Towards the end of some of those products we were blowing them out just to get the last few out of our warehouse. 

Doesn't make them bad products, but it just meant that not enough people shared your sentiments Mark. We loved those items, thus the reason we brought them in, but when an item gathers a layer of dust sitting on our shelf and we end up with a stagnant item the decision has to be made.

Must have been one of the few to buy them.  Plus once you have one you can't be a repeat customer most likely. 

To be clear items like the hose, extension cords, or shut offs weren't removed for profit margins or things like that - if thats how we made decsions we'd have very few products to sell you guys. Premium car care products, with the service and things we back it with, is not a buy-low-sell-high venture at any level. 

Tthe reason they were removed is customers voted with their wallets and didn't buy them at a rate that justified keeping them around. Towards the end of some of those products we were blowing them out just to get the last few out of our warehouse. 

Doesn't make them bad products, but it just meant that not enough people shared your sentiments Mark. We loved those items, thus the reason we brought them in, but when an item gathers a layer of dust sitting on our shelf and we end up with a stagnant item the decision has to be made.

Edited by Feets31

I think sometimes people under estimated the quality. I know I was disappointed to see the fire hose nozzle leave before I bought one. However I picked one up from Thompsons Racing and it is one of my favorite Adam's products. Wish I would have bought one sooner.