Customer Service 866.965.0400

Different bucket for wheels

ccommodari

Question

Let say I just bought 2 new wash buckets. And I have used one of them for a wheel and tire wash more than twice. Are the buckets still good or should I buy new ones to wash the car? because I have seen many comments that a third bucket is a need. or is there maybe a way to clean out the buckets?

11 answers to this question

I'd clean them out very good, maybe wipe down the inside with APC and a MF Towel and flush with water really good after that.

Just curious, what are you using a bucket for wheels and tires for? I use 2 spray bottles and 2-4 brushes for my wheels and tires along with a hose.

Edited by Kingsford

I'd clean them out very good, maybe wipe down the inside with APC and a MF Towel and flush with water really good after that.

Just curious, what are you using a bucket for wheels and tires for? I use 2 spray bottles and 2-4 brushes for my wheels and tires along with a hose.

^^This.  You don't need a new one but I would clean it extra well, including the grit guard insert.  Brake dust is metallic so any small specks can inflict damage.

And Jason, I use a separate bucket for wheels and tires because 90% of the time I'm just cleaning them with a bucket of suds, and my brushes/woolies which I leave to soak in the bucket.  I only break out Deep Wheel Cleaner every 3 months or so, and I don't like just spraying diluted Car Shampoo because I'd rather be able to dunk the Woolies/Brushes in the Grit Guard bucket and get a lot of the grime to release off them between wheels.  Larry Kosilla uses a similar method and I picked it up from him.

^^This.  You don't need a new one but I would clean it extra well, including the grit guard insert.  Brake dust is metallic so any small specks can inflict damage.

And Jason, I use a separate bucket for wheels and tires because 90% of the time I'm just cleaning them with a bucket of suds, and my brushes/woolies which I leave to soak in the bucket.  I only break out Deep Wheel Cleaner every 3 months or so, and I don't like just spraying diluted Car Shampoo because I'd rather be able to dunk the Woolies/Brushes in the Grit Guard bucket and get a lot of the grime to release off them between wheels.  Larry Kosilla uses a similar method and I picked it up from him.

This is the same method I use as well. If the wheels are extra grimy, but not warranting deep wheel cleaner I will throw an ounce or two of green wheel cleaner in the bucket as well.

I also find it easier to walk a bucket with all of my wheel tools around the car than to carry spray bottles, wheel woolies, and various brushes, and a wash mitt designated for wheel use.

Thanks fellas

Yeah that's a cool bucket! Where did you get it from?

I believe it came from target.  It was my wash bucket before I learned about the 2 bucket method and upgraded to one that would fit a Grit Guard.  It is flat on one side so it takes up less room when stored.

I believe it came from target. It was my wash bucket before I learned about the 2 bucket method and upgraded to one that would fit a Grit Guard. It is flat on one side so it takes up less room when stored.

I'll have to check it out, thanks!