Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with moldy pad.

661_tbss

Question

I received my order sometime last month. I order a couple chemicals and various foam pads and towels. Everything came shipped inside a bucket. As of now i have yet to use any of my foam pads or applicators. One day i noticed my yellow hex pad falling apart between the middle but it wasnt a big deal. I decided to give it a wash and put it out to dry thinking maybe some chemical leaked onto it causing it to mold. Upon inspection today it has just gotten worse. Is it too late for my pad? What is the best way of stoping the mold from spreading. I have ruled out moisture at this point since i keep my stuff inside a plastic bin and my chemicals on a shelf. Only thing i can think of at this point is leaky bottle during shipping, but every bottle was full and the caps were tight.

5 answers to this question

Yep, exactly what Eric said.  The customer support team isn't always on the forum, so they may not see this post.  Give them a call or an email and they will figure out the best way to resolve this issue.

http://adamspolishes.com/contact

Edit: Are you sure it's mold?  Maybe the adhesive between the hex grip and foam failed and caused the separation. Mold can be nasty, dangerous stuff.  Are you sure there isn't any moisture in your plastic bin or anywhere in that area?  I can't really see any Adam's chemicals causing mold.  I had the foam on one blue pad start to fail and fall apart after 3 or 4 years of use, but it was absolutely caused by me, as I was experimenting and trying to use it and Revive Hand Polish on a very rough surface inside of the bed of my truck.  My yellow hex applicator has been going strong for at least 3 years with proper care.

Edited by psu goat

Here is a quote from Adam!

Friends, if there are issues with an order, defective or broken product, or anything that you need us to do in order to provide excellent customer service, please contact our team for an immediate solution!

• Phone: (866) 965-0400 Ext. 1

We maintain the industry's only 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, and I promise to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Starting a New Thread on our forum will not get the problem handled
immediately, and we would appreciate a direct contact via phone or email so we can solve the problem immediately!

We are humans here at Adam's, and we sell products made by humans, shipped by humans, and those products are then delivered by humans.

(Lot's of opportunities for errors when humans are involved. That said, I promise to correct any problems when ordering from Adam's Polishes.)

Thanks for contacting our helpful Customer Service Team Members with any issues with our products or service.

Sincerely,

Adam Pitale
Founder, Detailer
:2thumbs:

Thanks for the reply guys. Im pretty sure its mold since its not jst a seperation of materials but also deterioration of the material. What else would it be. The reason for me posting s thread instead of calling or emailing them is that the pad still looks usable (for now). I thought there would be some way of stoping the mold from spreading and still being able to use it. No were in my post did i say anything bad about their products or that i wanted some sort of refund or exchange. But ill go ahead and send an email and provide pictures to see if it truly is mold.

I could say my storage is fine since i also have my polishing pads/ micro pads. And wheel app. Pads in the same bin. I inspected those and they look fine.

Maybe im not really sure what mold in foam looks like but the foam is deteriorating and falling apart i small pieces. I once forgot my chemicals inside my truck for a few days and within those items was a tire foam sponge and the all purpose cleaner. Well i guess the heat and pressure inside the bottle caused the trigger from my bottles to leak. Some of the all purpose cleaner ( full strength) leaked onto the foam sponge and basically ate through it over that small period of time. Would that also be mold?