Customer Service 866.965.0400

A Break From Cars: Lets Talk Wine!

StubStang

We have a local winery that makes some of the best wines around.  One of my favorites is a blend of blackberry and blueberries. Outstanding.  I'm Italian.  Wine is in my blood.

I spell wine "B.E.E.R" ;)

For me craft beer has taken over, the varieties are as great (if not greater) than you'll find in wines and it doesn't (yet) have the nose in the air quotient, but I used to be a bit of an old grape lover, especially when I worked for a company that supplied most of the label material to the wineries in Napa.

My favorites are almost always big bold reds -

Silver Oak Cabs

Jordan

Stags Leap

Closer to home (in SoCal) my favorite winery from the Temecula region was Leonesse.

I still have a sizeable amount of their Melange De Rev on hand for the times I need some red wine... I even got Adam so hooked on the stuff he started buying it by the case as well. Around $28 a bottle, but drinks on the level of things I've paid 2-3x more for.

We have a local winery that makes some of the best wines around.  One of my favorites is a blend of blackberry and blueberries. Outstanding.  I'm Italian.  Wine is in my blood.

Now that sounds excellent!! talk about adding to that grape taste!

I spell wine "B.E.E.R" ;)

For me craft beer has taken over, the varieties are as great (if not greater) than you'll find in wines and it doesn't (yet) have the nose in the air quotient, but I used to be a bit of an old grape lover, especially when I worked for a company that supplied most of the label material to the wineries in Napa.

My favorites are almost always big bold reds -

Silver Oak Cabs

Jordan

Stags Leap

Closer to home (in SoCal) my favorite winery from the Temecula region was Leonesse.

I still have a sizeable amount of their Melange De Rev on hand for the times I need some red wine... I even got Adam so hooked on the stuff he started buying it by the case as well. Around $28 a bottle, but drinks on the level of things I've paid 2-3x more for.

Im with you on the craft beers, recently had some EXCELLENT pale ales at my local bar (two of the FIFTY FOUR selections). Its nice to see all of these breweries pop up, tons of new mixes.

Temecula wines are unbelievable, if you know exactly where to go or who to order from, you can find some seriously good bottles. 

I have heard of Silver Oak and Stags Leap. Just another two to add on the "To try" list.

Edited by StubStang

+1 for Silver Oak.  They're not cheap, but they're among our favorite Cabs.

Seghesio makes great Zinfandel.

Chalk HillMatanzas Creek, and Kendall Jackson make great (dry, oaked) Chardonnays.  

Iron Horse, Gloria Ferrer, and Korbel are good for (dry) Champagne.

Kendall Jackson makes some real good stuff!

I'm from Columbus, OH and am proud to say we're home of this micro-distillary:

http://middlewestspirits.com/

Have not had a bad experience with them at all.  If any of you ever find yourselves in our fair city, set up a tour with them.  It is quite the experience and again their product is some of the best I have ever had.

The mixed spirit drinks look fantastic!!

Hey Rich, to what winery do you refer? :)

Glades Pike in Somerset Pa.  Black and Blue is the name of the wine, but any of their wines are outstanding. I even sent Adam a few bottles a while back as a thank you. It's that good.

• 2 weeks later...