Customer Service 866.965.0400

Review: Adam's Polish Foam Gun

rickzilla09

Question

I have used the Gilmour Foam Master II for several years. I have tried multiple water/soap ratios and fiddled with the gun dial and I'm yet to find a single time where this gun creates more foam than you can do with just a bucket and a garden hose. I have finally just settled on the "E" setting. This setting throws the maximum amount of suds but I can run through 3 oz mixture of shampoo & water in about 2 minutes.

Lately it seems to have doubled the time invested in washing the car since the "foam" drips from the car too fast (again, I have never been able to dial this thing in with an even consistency). And let's not forget the spray gun. This has to be the worst gun I have ever used. I usually have to stop washing and connect my Eley pistol grip spray nozzle. On a side note I am a quick connect junkie so changing sprayers is pretty quick.

Bottom line I have not been satisified, hasn't helped/saved me any time washing my car, and "foam" is average.

So that brings me to today. I finally received my Adam's Foam Gun. After unboxing the unit I immediately noticed the built quality. The "other" foam gun is mostly constructed of a cheap plastic and the sprayer is 2 pieces...not with Adam's. This thing is built like a tank and the trigger sprayer's once piece design is AMAZING! I quickly did a test comparing both guns and this thing produces an even amount of suds while not burning through the shampoo in 2 minutes. FINALLY..an even consistency!!!! Even the spray grip is better quality and is actually useable while rinsing off the car.

Final Assessment

Not a MUST have in your garage but certainly compliments your 2-bucket washing method. Lot's of fun, great suds and quality build should last for years. If you want to add to your detail aresenal I would suggest you pick one up! (I recommend pairing with a quick connect if your not doing so already)

PROS

- Quality Craftsmanship (built in the USA)
- Great Suds (without wasting shampoo)
- Spray Gun is great

CONS

- More time in the garage away from the wife (this could be a PRO to some) ha ha!
- Your pressure washer might get jealous for cheating

post-12665-0-53489600-1425764860_thumb.jpg

post-12665-0-20198600-1425764896_thumb.jpg

post-12665-0-75551700-1425764909_thumb.jpg

post-12665-0-07018600-1425764928_thumb.jpg

post-12665-0-95710400-1425764943_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

SOLID comparison, I agree with all your thoughts even though I don't have one yet.  Its a "step above" other foam guns for sure and worth the higher price.  Everything oozes quality on it.

I have a Griots/Hydrofoamer and it doesnt even have brass connections, will look into getting one of these, as I rarely break out the pressure washer to utilize a foam cannon.

i wanna pick this up really bad and the new soap!! i wanna buy more stuff

but...

im going to be away from my car for the rest of the year =l

hopefully when i return to cali the gun is still for sell 

enjoy  and great review  you have me sold

I have seriously contemplated this. I have a foam cannon, but to haul the pressure washer out, hook everything up, and disassemble, it's an easy 15-20 min extra each time. The price of convenience... hmmmmm.

I also have a cannon, but sometimes that can be a little much for what I am trying to accomplish. 

Obviously the OP thinks so, but is this truly worth 2.25Xs the one notated in the OP? 

I am sure I will end up getting the Adam's version. Larry Kosilla has a video on a technique I have been wanting to try.

https://youtu.be/3a6VPPNC0oM?t=101

I have seriously contemplated this. I have a foam cannon, but to haul the pressure washer out, hook everything up, and disassemble, it's an easy 15-20 min extra each time. The price of convenience... hmmmmm.

Why would you not use the pressure washer everytime?

There are debates that 2BM is just as safe as a foam gun or cannons are useless, blah blah blah...

...But how can anything be safer than using 2 rinse buckets with grit guards and using your foam gun as your 'wash bucket'? The video above is probably the one where Larry illustrates what I'm talking about.

Foam cannons are ok and the detergent dwelling does help somewhat, but not enough for my taste. Even "snow foams" are overrated IMO.

I'll take a pressure washer rinse and a foam gun wash over anything any day...except when a rinseless wash is usable. My opinions of course, but I do try everything before I form them--most of the time.