Customer Service 866.965.0400

Self service car wash in Northern New Jersey

Bostonstang

Hi All,

I just moved to Northern NJ near Morristown. I am looking for a good self service car wash that I can hand wash my Mustang Convertible. I live in an apartment complex and don't have access to a hose to do it there. Does anyone have any suggestions on any good car wash places?

Thanks,

Came in here to post LOL @ the thread title.

Jersey sucks for self service car washes, but alas, I can help you since you live 20 mins from me (I'm in Martinsville near Basking Ridge)

The ones closest to you are in Stirling on Valley Road, and on Quimby Lane in Bernardsville (right by the Bernards Inn and Train Station)

Some notes I will share about each one:

Stirling:

-DO NOT GO on a nice weekend day in the middle of the day you will wait for an hour to use a bay, go early in morning or at night

-Enclosed bays which is nice, if theres no one around you can take your time

-Little bit farther than Bernardsville for you

-I believe $3 in quarters gets you started, add more for additional time

Bernardsville:

-The bays are wide open, and on the side of the building, so not much privacy

-Not too friendly towards two bucket washing, as the self serve is actually on the side of the actual Bernardsville Car Wash so they think you're short changing them.  However, I've gone after the wash is closed and helped myself to a 2 bucket wash and been fine

-Mobbed on the weekends again, like Stirling, so go early or late

-$1.50 in quarters gets you started which is nice, DO NOT use their bill changer machine.  The machine spits out tokens and those tokens are only good at the Bernardsville wash

Hope that helps man, there aren't many options in NJ unfortunately, as most would prefer to spend $15-20 on the swirl-o-matic wash (soccer moms with their leases) and can't be bothered.

Either way you could also go to the self serve and rinse it off then pull out of the bay and take a rinseless bucket with towels and do a GDWM in the parking lot which I have done in the past with great success.

• 3 weeks later...