Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?

A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Is it a streaking issue on matte that just takes a bit more attention on wipeoff?

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?

A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

Any cure time before it can be topped?

Would this work as a coating booster? I think there is no reason to top a coating, but I am still curious about the answer.

Yes, but in theory any LSP could be used as a topper for coating... the debate of whether you want to or not is kind of up to the individual.

Is it a streaking issue on matte that just takes a bit more attention on wipeoff?

Any cure time before it can be topped?

Its kind of streaky. You can chase it down on the matte after the fact with a damp towel though.

It can be topped almost immediately.

Will it be ok to put on vinyl stripes for my camaro? Also how does it react to plastic like the cowl. Should these parts be addressed with SVRT first?

Edited by BTBSS

Does this work as well as glass sealant on glass? Will this replace the need for using glass sealant?

HGG will cause water to bead on glass, but glass sealant causes the water to run off faster. This was demonstrated at the detailer's domain clinic. So this will not replace glass sealant, but it will cause water to bead on glass.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax? [/b]

So maybe do a strip wash then apply HGG then wax for more longevity?

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax? [/b]

So maybe do a strip wash then apply HGG then wax for more longevity?

Yes, ideally you want the longest lasting protection down first. You could do a strip wash, dry the car, apply LPS, then apply HGG using the "dry" method and then top with a wax or just strip, put HGG down and then wax.

would be nice if this could be used with rinseless or waterless. I guess that's not possible since with waterless wash you don't buff the water off, but instead wipe it off. same for rinseless. 

what if I spray the panel with this, then use the wet rinseless towel to wipe off? I guess that won't work lol

would be nice if this could be used with rinseless or waterless. I guess that's not possible since with waterless wash you don't buff the water off, but instead wipe it off. same for rinseless.

what if I spray the panel with this, then use the wet rinseless towel to wipe off? I guess that won't work lol

You can apply HGG to a dry car. You just need to spray it into a wet towel and then spread it that way. So you can just apply it after your waterless or rinseless wash. Edited by SYMAWD

Not same for rinseless.  If using a RTU Waterless, you'd have to apply the HGG off using the "dry" method.

However, if you're doing a rinseless wash, just clean the panel with your wet soaked towel, set it aside, spray on the HGG, take your separate damp towel, wipe in, and a dry towel to wipe streak free.

I feel like I've posted this 4-5 times already but its a great way during the rinseless washing process to add shine and protection in one step, integrated into your normal rinseless washing routine.

However, if you're doing a rinseless wash, just clean the panel with your wet soaked towel, set it aside, spray on the HGG, take your separate damp towel, wipe in, and a dry towel to wipe streak free.

I feel like I've posted this 4-5 times already but its a great way during the rinseless washing process to add shine and protection in one step, integrated into your normal rinseless washing routine.

This method works great for a Rinseless wash.  And the dry fluffy towel is hardly needed.  Wash, gloss, seal, and dry the whole car in 20 minutes!  

So, if I wanna do a strip wash, clay it, add Quik Sealant. Wax it and inbetween washes use HGG?

That would be fine.

Is the wet towel required for application? Or can this be applied like Hydro2 where you spray on, rinse off?

YES! The wet towel is required. Trust me when I say we're not inventing quirky steps to the process just to make you guys use wet towels LOL

This is not a silica spray, so no... it cannot be applied in a spray on hose off manner.

YES! The wet towel is required. Trust me when I say we're not inventing quirky steps to the process just to make you guys use wet towels LOL

This is not a silica spray, so no... it cannot be applied in a spray on hose off manner.

Actually thinking about this it doesn't really add any time compared to Hydro2... You are still having to dry the car after Hydro2, and with HGG you are basically drying as you seal.