Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

2 hours ago, zw470 said:

How well does G&G stand up to road salt?  I don't have anywhere indoors to apply it so the less time I have to spend outside in the winter the better :lolsmack:

Just fine! You should get a couple months or so of protection (apply every 4-6 washes). So you know, you can apply it with the "dry" method... With a dry and clean car, wet a MF towel, ring it out so it's not dripping wet, spray the HGG into the towel, apply, then wipe dry. You'll use more product this way, but it does work. Another option is spray the car with a spray bottle, then apply it as normal. No hose needed!

2 hours ago, zw470 said:

How well does G&G stand up to road salt?  I don't have anywhere indoors to apply it so the less time I have to spend outside in the winter the better :lolsmack:

Chris said it well!

It does a pretty good job, during the winter here in southern Ohio they use quite a bit of salt. My black Silverado quickly turns gray/white.  I pressure wash my truck at least once a week during the winter, even if it isn't a full wash.  If you were to wash every other week, I'd apply it every month or 6 weeks.  The biggest thing is to have an initial coat of paint sealant down for a base layer. So lay down some Liquid Paint sealant, top it with H2O Guard & Gloss every few washes and you'll be set.

Edited by blcksilv08

My last hand wash is in Dec. and I get a really good amount of water beeding in March/April.  It will see a car wash a couple times as well.  Having said that, between April and Dec. every single wash gets G&G so I have a lot of layers and between 3-4 coats of Americana!  

Just applied H2O GG while drying my truck last night (Coat of LPS under it).  As I was parking it, I noticed a good sized spider trying to crawl across the hood...he was basically on a tread mill, lol! He wasn't moving anywhere but he sure was trying.  I noticed several other bugs doing this as well.  Great product for instant protection, beading, and shine. Makes white look great. 

9 hours ago, TexWalker said:

What about GG being sprayed out of one of your pressure sprayers? Would a finer atomization of the product be a benefit?

It would likely clog up the pressurize sprayer.  Getting finer atomization is not really important anyway, since you still have to spread it around with a wet towel.

8 hours ago, TexWalker said:

Kind of what I figured, but I wanted to ask. Going to be placing an order here shortly and wanted to figure out how many I needed

An endless supply. Once you try it, you'll be hooked. And if not, let me know and I'll send you my address. I'll take it off your hands.

52 minutes ago, IAcamoprincess01 said:

Do you have to clay the paint before applying H2O? For example if I were applying LPS would I wash, then clay then LPS, then next wash do the H2O?  Or could I wash, apply H20, then next wash clay and LPS?

No need to complicate things...you probably only need to clay 2-3 times a year.  

When you clay, you are cleaning the paint and stripping protection.

After claying, apply Paint Sealant.

Then every month or every other month use GnG as a booster after you wash.

4 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

ok thank you..thats kinda what I was thinking would be the better way.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:00 AM, Nickfire20 said:

I would agree partially with this statement. When you clay you are cleaning the paint and stripping protection. You are also micro marring the paint with a traditional clay bar method. That said, you may and should only need to clay once if you keep your paint in decent shape. You also may want to consider a paint correction after clay to take care of the imperfections and the micro marring that will occur during the process. In my opinion, claying 2-3 times a year seems unnecessary. 

Agreed it depends on the car and the level of care, with an emphasis on how much it lives outside.  But even on my DD, once a year feels like it's not removing anything.  But obviously even my DD is garaged and well pampered.  My new toy will be clayed and prepped for the first time this spring and it may never see a clay bar again.  Just all depends.

Edited by galaxy

2 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Agreed it depends on the car and the level of care, with an emphasis on how much it lives outside.  But even on my DD, once a year feels like it's not removing anything.  But obviously even my DD is garaged and well pampered.  My new toy will be clayed and prepped for the first time this spring and it may never see a clay bar again.  Just all depends.

Point taken

2 minutes ago, IAcamoprincess01 said:

Thanks for all the help everybody. I think I'm going to clay once in the spring once in the fall before I lay down the Liquid Paint Sealant. She is garage kept but at work it tends to get quite dusty real quick.

Check it in the fall before winter prep via the baggie test. Proceed from there

1 hour ago, IAcamoprincess01 said:

Thanks for all the help everybody. I think I'm going to clay once in the spring once in the fall before I lay down the Liquid Paint Sealant. She is garage kept but at work it tends to get quite dusty real quick.

Im in the same boat.  And I work just outside of DC in a very busy metropolitan area.

I clayed once in 2017, and I had the car for 12 months, and it was long over due.

So your fall and spring plan, is also how I am going about business.

On 1/28/2018 at 10:02 PM, ExcellentAmp said:

I would agree partially with this statement. When you clay you are cleaning the paint and stripping protection. You are also micro marring the paint with a traditional clay bar method. That said, you may and should only need to clay once if you keep your paint in decent shape. You also may want to consider a paint correction after clay to take care of the imperfections and the micro marring that will occur during the process. In my opinion, claying 2-3 times a year seems unnecessary. 

Ive never had clay marr my paint until I used Adams clay(Its hard for me to say that since I am very loyal to Adam) I have had a Black vehicle for the last 15 years as well.  A black Chevy at that( a Silverado, and 2 Tahoes) So unless Chevy changed their paint for 2016, I blame the clay.  

I am going back to my old style clay, which is much softer.

1 hour ago, ExcellentAmp said:

Check it in the fall before winter prep via the baggie test. Proceed from there

The baggie test.... I used an Adams towel bag, and it destroyed my paint, everywhere I had touched it,  again Its a Black Chevy, but perhaps a sandwich bag may be better

Used h2o G&G for the first time today. I’m pretty impressed with the results. My only question is I see you guys talking about “misting the product on”. Well mine comes out pretty thick and I’ve shaken it up a lot. It won’t mist at all it just shoots out in a stream almost like the tire shine does when using the spray bottle. Is that normal? 

Edited by SunsetJeeper

Just now, SunsetJeeper said:

Used h2o G&G for the first time today. I’m pretty impressed with the results. My only question is I see you guys talking about “misting the product on”. Well mine comes out pretty thick and I’ve shaken it up a lot. It won’t mist at all it just shoots out in a stream almost like the tire shine does when using the spray bottle. Is that normal? 

Get a dilution bottle and dump it in there. Never look back. You will save so much product. Thanks to @mc2hill for giving me that tip 2 or so years ago. 

5D81AB84-BD4A-45C2-AE07-43674835CC19.jpeg

58 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

Get a dilution bottle and dump it in there. Never look back. You will save so much product. Thanks to @mc2hill for giving me that tip 2 or so years ago. 

5D81AB84-BD4A-45C2-AE07-43674835CC19.jpeg

That was going to be my next step but wasn’t sure if it could be done without having negative effects on the product. Thanks!