Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

A few rain storms last night, the h2o guard & gloss did a great job at shedding the water and dirt off my gf's Tiguan. Its last wash was a week ago and it sits outside everyday. The HGG was applied 2-3 weeks ago.

post-13181-0-33849500-1443635634_thumb.jpeg

Edited by wely324

finally ordered some G&G and mick myself for not getting it sooner!!  super easy and quick added only a few minutes to my drying time which i usually use detail spray anyway. what i didnt expect was the depth and shine it brought out! and the car stays cleaner longer which im liking too. perfect addition to my arsenal!

Anyone else experience a haziness/glare when driving at night with HGG on the windows? Very similar to a fogged up window when their is an on coming car...

That's the same problem I was having on the whole car. I think I applied too much product and then didn't get it all off. It took a few wash jobs and detail spray to get it all off mine. On the windshield you could use something stronger and get it off fairly easily I would think. 

Good luck.

That's the same problem I was having on the whole car. I think I applied too much product and then didn't get it all off. It took a few wash jobs and detail spray to get it all off mine. On the windshield you could use something stronger and get it off fairly easily I would think. 

Good luck.

Edited by ematt1212

You're going to run into that problem when using this product on glass. If you think of it as a real sealant or wax (which it is). You wouldn't apply a wax or liquid paint sealant to your glass right? Some people might but to most that sounds outrageous, think of H20 the same way. Stick to an actual glass sealant for the windows.

That does not really make any sense. Saying that HGG cannot be applied to glass because it is a "real sealant", but then to use Glass SEALANT instead? It is a sealant too.

HGG works great on glass, whether applied to bare glass or even over the top of Glass Sealant as a booster. Just don't apply too much product and it wipes off and buffs out just fine.

I usually apply G&G to my windows as well as the paint when I'm drying. I always go around afterward with Glass Cleaner to remove any smearing though. 

I keep a healthy layer of Glass Sealant on all my windows all the time, so my maintenance washes with G&G certainly aren't harming anything. 

I usually apply G&G to my windows as well as the paint when I'm drying. I always go around afterward with Glass Cleaner to remove any smearing though. 

I keep a healthy layer of Glass Sealant on all my windows all the time, so my maintenance washes with G&G certainly aren't harming anything.

Is there a cure time on the windows? Hate to apply G&G and then wipe it off with the glass cleaner.

Is there a cure time on the windows? Hate to apply G&G and then wipe it off with the glass cleaner.

Not that I'm aware of. I simply apply and buff off. Then it's usually a half hour or so til I get around to the windows.

If you don't have Americana or another paste wax, HGG on top of Paint Sealant is great for a DD. I apply HGG once every 6 weeks over the top of my Paint Sealant, and Paint Sealant gets applied twice a year.

Pretty much same here. Works wonders.

Paint sealant should be the base layer. I would then top it with a wax like Americana. The next wash is when I would do a wet application of the H20GG

If you don't have Americana or another paste wax, HGG on top of Paint Sealant is great for a DD. I apply HGG once every 6 weeks over the top of my Paint Sealant, and Paint Sealant gets applied twice a year.

Pretty much same here. Works wonders.

When i use a paint sealant whether it be Adams or a different brand i always use HGG when I follow up with a 2b wash or a RW.  No need for any wax at any point.

My fav maint. regimen on a vehicle that has had a sealant applied is:

1. clean the wheels and tires.  rinse entire vehicle with hose

2. presoak with a WW

3. Rinseless Wash followed by a quick hose rinse off

4. Apply HGG while car is still wet to all exterior surfaces (except tires)

5. Dry

6. Enjoy

I can complete this process is roughly 30 - 45 mis depending on the soil level

waxing anything other than a show car = waste of time with the level of gloss in todays sealants.

When i use a paint sealant whether it be Adams or a different brand i always use HGG when I follow up with a 2b wash or a RW.  No need for any wax at any point.

My fav maint. regimen on a vehicle that has had a sealant applied is:

1. clean the wheels and tires.  rinse entire vehicle with hose

2. presoak with a WW

3. Rinseless Wash followed by a quick hose rinse off

4. Apply HGG while car is still wet to all exterior surfaces (except tires)

5. Dry

6. Enjoy

I can complete this process is roughly 30 - 45 mis depending on the soil level

waxing anything other than a show car = waste of time with the level of gloss in todays sealants.

So you apply water before using WW...and rinse after using RW?! :blink: 

It's awesome you found something that works, but its seems like two too many steps!