Customer Service 866.965.0400
GFD70 SS

Tire Hex Grip Cleaning Tips?

Question

I notice that after cleaning my Hex Grips after using them to apply SVRT they still have a greasy film on them. I have tried pre-soaking them in Dawn prior to cleaning them by hand with APC.

Does anyone have any tips for getting all of the residue out of them?

13 answers to this question

Yup...my only "solution" so far has been to get a new one. You can get them pretty clean, but I think there's bound to be buildup of stuff over time.

Yep, they really cannot be cleaned once you use them a few times.  I store all my dressing applicators in plastic bags to keep everything else from getting 'slimed'.

What everyone else said. Mine only touch the tires so I'm not too worried about it. I get a new one every now and then and haven't had any issues with them

I've actually been solely using Block Applicators for the tires lately, then clean up a bit better, cheaper, etc.

I am going to get a new Hex Grip solely for sealant application since the black foam is the same as the pads.

Same as everyone else said. I keep mine face down in a small stack of paper towel so any drainage goes into the towel rather than where you hold it

I don't even clean it. I set it upside down on a paper towel so all the VRT that's still in there stays in the applicator until the next time I use it. That way it might save me from having to use so much. Replace it when it gets torn.