Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dodge Challenger Hellcat Detail

Thorsager

We just took delivery of our Hellcat this week. It is Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl 6 speed manual. Today after work I was able to wash it for the first time. I am up to 4 buckets to wash the car. 2 for the paint, 1 for just the wheels, and 1 for the tires and wheel wells. I was getting a lot of grit at the bottom of the wheel bucket that is the reason for the extra bucket. I only had time to wash it. Due to my work schedule I will have to do this detail in segments over the next few days. I am now a believer in the foam gun with the new shampoo.

post-7699-0-26396200-1429490131_thumb.jpg

post-7699-0-69207900-1429490213_thumb.jpg

Since the car was made just 2 1/2 weeks ago and shipped quickly I thought maybe I did not have to clay it. If you can see in the picture I did find spots of rail dust. It did take a train from Brampton, Ontario to Niagara Falls, NY. I will be claying tomorrow before work.

post-7699-0-85444300-1429488440_thumb.jpg

The spoiler is a matte black. I'm thinking of using Quick Sealant? I have used this on matte wheels before. Does anyone have experience with this?

post-7699-0-35642200-1429488474_thumb.jpg

I'm using Quick Sealant on the wheels, lights, and trim.

post-7699-0-96251100-1429488508_thumb.jpg

For the paint the plan is to use the Liquid Paint Sealant then a coat of Patriot Wax. I will dress the plastic parts in the engine with the In and Out Spray.

post-7699-0-93437100-1429490511_thumb.jpg

The last picture was taken at our first cruise-in of the season last night.

post-7699-0-97311600-1429489746_thumb.jpg

Nice car!!!!! I gave up on getting one. Got around by a couple of dealers and refuse to pay 15k over msrp!!!! Going to settle for a SRT 392.

I wish you could have got one. 2016 maybe? We went to our small local dealership where our family has bought a lot of cars from. They had delivered one already in December. The dealer thinks he got a second allocation because he sold all of his Challengers FCA gave him plus he dealer traded for two more. In addition, both mine and the previous Hellcat were sold at MSRP. Also, I ordered a manual which may have been easier to build.

Awesome car. Just something I've heard may not be true but if the car is really that new I wouldn't seal it. The paint needs 90-120 day to gas-off the solvents in the paint. I believe Larry from Ammo NYC just touched on this in his last youtube video. Maybe someone who knows more than me will shoot me down or confirm just trying to keep that car looking great.

Awesome car. Just something I've heard may not be true but if the car is really that new I wouldn't seal it. The paint needs 90-120 day to gas-off the solvents in the paint. I believe Larry from Ammo NYC just touched on this in his last youtube video. Maybe someone who knows more than me will shoot me down or confirm just trying to keep that car looking great.

That's usually with new paint from a body shop. The cars from the factory are usually baked so that they're cured already.

I had a question on how to protect the flat black spoiler. I decided to do a test area underneath the spoiler with some Adams Quick Sealant. It looked good so I did the whole spoiler. The finish still looks flat once again another reason why the Quick Sealant is my favorite Adams product! Tonight, time permitting, I will pull the wheels and seal them.

post-7699-0-75789500-1429689428_thumb.jpg