Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 Guard & Gloss before or after waxing?

AdamEL

Question

Hey, guys. Forgive me if this question has already been asked on here [i couldn't find it in the search], but in a perfect world, should the H20 Guard & Gloss be applied before or after a fresh wax job? I'm going to do both to my garage queen this weekend if the weather permits, and I want to make sure I'm doing it in the right order for the best results.

Thanks for the advice.

post-11415-0-89531900-1429504444_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Zach it won't build up unless you are applying multiple times a day.

Technically you are supposed to get 2 months out of one application, but if you like, you can continuously add layers of protection, heck you could apply weekly after your wash if you wanted.

It is a spray on, wipe in, water activated sealant.

... in a perfect world, should the H20 Guard & Gloss be applied before or after a fresh wax job?

For maximum performance it should be applied first, like any other sealant, but due to the nature of the product and the frequency at which you'd want to apply it you can top a wax with it. The durability will be compromised a little, but it still works great as a topper.

i was wondering sorta the same thing, is HGG similar to a "spray sealant" or a "spray wax" and how often should it be used?

Don't get hung up on the application - its a sealant. What makes it unique is how you apply it, but the end result is still the same, its a synthetic polymer sealant.

ok so basically a spray version of LPS

No. They're both sealants, but thats about where the similarities end. They are very distinctly different products.

So if a car is garged and doesnt see the rain a liquid sealer is just fine and theres really no added benifit to it? Im started to feel like Im getting to many products on my cart and which ones are best. Ive got 3 waxes, 3 sealers, 3 details sprays and so on.

Edited by GratefulDiver

So if a car is garged and doesnt see the rain a liquid sealer is just fine and theres really no added benifit to it? Im started to feel like Im getting to many products on my cart and which ones are best. Ive got 3 waxes, 3 sealers, 3 details sprays and so on.

Liquid Paint Sealant is more than sufficient protection... it is now as it was before the introduction of H2O. The addition of H2O gives you additional layers of protection and more gloss. Necessary? No. Worthwhile? Depends on your situation and preferences.

You should never find yourself in a situation where you have 3 waxes, 3 sealers, and 3 detail sprays once you've defined your process and what works best for you on your car. Pick the combo that works best for you and you're set.

Now if you maintain multiple cars, detail on the side for money, or just like having a selection of products certainly you should have a variety of things at your disposal, but never have we been a company that says you have to own ALL of our waxes.... certainly try them till you find your favorite then stick with that one.