Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass cleaner color and smell

jimboman

Question

I know about a year ago, the Glass Cleaner color changed to a pale blue/green color.  I am almost out of the original stuff, and had ordered a bottle of the new stuff a few months ago.  This new stuff doesn't seem to be the same as the old and the smell is very different and has different properties.  To me, the new stuff smells somewhat "powdery" - sort of like baby powder and lime.

I noticed someone posted a pic of a recent purchase and it looks like the glass cleaner pictured is a nice green color. 

Anyone know if the new new stuff now is like the old stuff?  I'd be thrilled if it was like the old original stuff and the smell is the same as it was previously.  I'd definitely have to pick up a couple more bottles if its like the old stuff. 

15 answers to this question

No, total interior detailer and glass cleaner are basically the same exact color.  The old stuff was more of an actual green and smelled like apples if I remember correctly where the new stuff is like a pale green and smells like lime.(Not very strong).

Total interior detailer is basically the same color(I can not really tell a difference to be honest) and smells like baby powder.  There is an easy distinction between the two smells.

Dylan, do you guys have any plans on maybe making those two products easier to differentiate from in the future?  Those two products, the leather and interior conditioner and paint correcting polish are hard to tell apart without reading the bottle.  I haven't personally had any issue with getting them confused but am just wondering since you guys are switching to a color coded system.

Thanks for all replies,

I'm pretty sure it is not TID because my TID does have that distinctive smell and color.  The glass cleaner in question does have a lime scent, but somewhat heavily perfumed- very hard to explain. 

On the left is my old glass cleaner, in the middle is the new stuff, and on the right is TID.  All have their own color.

But in this post

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28229-my-first-adams-haul/

you can see the nice green color.

Is there a way to get a pic of the current production glass cleaner?

post-3017-0-75395200-1429579841_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimboman

The one on left is newest production. Middle is probably from a year ago, they switched bottling processes so it's less milky now. You should be good to go with both

One on the left is the newest?  I think you have that mixed up.  I just got my glass cleaner about a month ago tops and it looks like the one in the middle.  Jim says in the post that middle is his newest glass cleaner.  Correct me if I am wrong here!

Sorry Mike you may be right ^

My glass cleaner on the left is the last one in my house, it was ordered in December I think?

However its funny because the middle bottle, was the color of the last bottle I purchased before that, in approx June of 2014!

So it used to look milky, then was bright green for a while, and now its milky again and looks like TID again from what I'm hearing

I have the same experience as OP and have been meaning to post this same thing for some time.  My original few bottles and gallon of glass cleaner were a bright green color.  The scent always reminded me of Sprite/7UP (essentially a fresh lemon lime smell).  The last gallon I purchased was the milky green (similar enough to TID that I've mixed them up before).  I know this was chalked up to aeration during bottling or something.  The scent of the milky green stuff was less pleasant and honestly smells like something that would be standard issue to the custodial staff at work, not an Adam's product.  It's very chemically smelling.  It should be labeled just "Glass Cleaner" and not "Adam's Glass Cleaner".  

Now, it seems to be equally effective in its ability to clean glass which is why I've never really commented.  It cleans glass just fine, but is somehow lacking in that overall 'Adam's Experience' now.  

Each time this topic comes up, it seems to be dismissed or the OP is basically being told they are not capable of differentiating their own products.  I don't know if the formulation or process has changed again since, but there was definitely a change.

Edited by omegaman1978

Big thanks to Adams CS.  They got a replacement out to me.  Received today.

My eyes opened up when I saw the nice green color, opened the bottle and took a big whiff with a smile on my face for a minute or two.

Perfect!!

I poured the old stuff out and threw that weird sprayer away that didn't work worth a darn- but kept the empty bottle.

I'll post it in the Adams collection thread.