Customer Service 866.965.0400

DETAILED: Tesla Model S P85D

The AP warehouse and detailing areas have recently undergone a big overhaul for the season, freeing up more space and creating a section for us to really get into detailing for those who want us to do the work for them. One of the first to roll into our place since the overhaul was an amazing Tesla P85D... but one problem - the owner had to drive it on over a mile of dirty/muddy roads near his home shortly after he got it. The pictures below tell the story:

Kf7YAYQ.jpg

DNWoNFa.jpg

KZ8ff6s.jpg

2qp6Gbg.jpg

MifIixC.jpg

LrIyVID.jpg

bMTMDCS.jpg

g8IzGcu.jpg

GyymPAh.jpg

mj9Tndv.jpg

onfLwpN.jpg

aEhJYvu.jpg

G5SSunE.jpg

5lb4zpo.jpg

tFXzBtN.jpg

P3SSLiC.jpg

YazpX52.jpg

F7XqskS.jpg

to be continued...

The customer wanted the car cleaned up and protected and we needed to turn it over in less than a day so we immediately jumped into cleaning and decontamination. Over 2 full hours was spent in pressure washer time and carefully removing the mix of sand, gravel, and dried on dirt from all the surfaces. We didn't document much of this b/c it was so important we focus on removing the dirt without causing damage on the new paint.

After the dirt was rinsed out the wheels were cleaned using Deep Wheel Cleaner and a short handle wheel brush. The tires were scrubbed with All Purpose Cleaner and a Deep Clean Tire Scrub Brush. The Wheel Woolie made short work of the inside hoop of the wheels. Because the fenders are lined with a sound deadening fabric we opted to only use the pressure washer and it did the job.

Once it was cleaned and free of dirt we moved indoors and began the process of decon. The paint was smoothed with the Adam's Big Blue Claybar and a 16:1 mixture of Rinseless Wash was used for lubrication.

fsAAVTW.jpg

XTvGhvG.jpg

FqtO69k.jpg

AmtUZg6.jpg

4TvHwNf.jpg

6b731Df.jpg

Covered in claying residues I used one of the Autism Awareness Jumbo Plush Towels to wipe down the exterior, just to make sure there wasn't too much moisture on the surface and I wanted to inspect the paint condition.

w8RPG3R.jpg

bB6KG90.jpg

The door jambs had trapped a lot of water and grit, they were thoroughly soaked with diluted Rinseless Wash and then carefully wiped clean with plush microfiber towels.

s56TlTK.jpgZR6A0JP.jpg64r09Xi.jpg8X2cpKK.jpg

to be continued...

Originally the car wasn't planned for any correction, but after seeing the minor defects in the finish, both from delivery and likely the condition it arrived it I couldn't let it leave looking the way it did. A combination of the Rupes 15mm, Rupes 75e mini, Flex 3401 and Flex Kompact rotary were used with various prototype pads (afterall I test while I detail).

All the correction was done with the help of a one-step polish I'm currently developing and I'm happy to report it did fantastic at correcting light defects and finishing down extremely clean. Orange and white foam pads were used depending on the cut level needed.

RddXMzj.jpgl602Pom.jpgphcoe7o.jpgwotqxL9.jpgVe5H3aB.jpgtUt2qWU.jpgAjBUbw8.jpgW1tARUn.jpgPVhdfJQ.jpg2S2XCTs.jpgKv7fkUl.jpg

After correction the surface was wiped down, inspected, and happy with the about 90-95% correction we got on all the surfaces we moved into sealing the paint with Liquid Paint Sealant.

5p1OHLB.jpg

to be continued...

With the interior buttoned up we did another 'upgrade' for this customer - they had said not to worry about the interior due to the time frame, but we had some time to spare and with the outside looking this good we had to turn the inside around too. Plus, it was fun browsing our website on the huge center touchscreen while we cleaned ;)

All the interior surfaces received a Total Interior Detailer wipe down to preserve that new car look and feel, but clean and protect the surfaces.

OHrYuqR.jpgYDrkQvJ.jpgioaeTKt.jpgIXt83Nn.jpgxlqfKsy.jpgN1Q6ZSp.jpgCLtsudI.jpgHaNzWn0.jpg

The WeatherTech (branded for Tesla) mats were pulled, scrubbed with APC and a tire brush, rinsed and then dressed with Total Interior Detailer to keep them nice without making them slippery.

S0GMgm7.jpgYDrkQvJ.jpgioaeTKt.jpge12rFTB.jpgRWtgY0v.jpg

to be continued...

I got to test drive one last week (Tesla brought a few over to my company for our marketing team to test drive). I waited for the P85D. The only thing I can say about it is... Anyone have an extra $140,000 they can give me? Yes, i got to drive it in insane mode also. Hard to believe that roughly 4,500 pounds can get to 60 that fast!

I love to see Dylan rocking the Rupes with the gangsta hat

Owner must have been ecstatic the correction and new car prep came from DvK himself. You should have signed the engine cover for the owner.

Beautiful, efficient work being done I love it. Looking forward to updates on the AIO polish. Does it leave any protection and thus LPS is just an additional layer of long lasting polymer on top?

a few years ago I laughed at electric cars, this p85d has me wishing I made more money. :wub:

I don't laugh at electric cars, but it's still more exciting with an engine IMO.

I don't disagree... as much as I love the performance, the sound of an internal combustion engine is something I would crave. So that end I'll need the money for a P85D to drive around, and something with a big gas guzzling V8 to get my fuel burning fix :)