Customer Service 866.965.0400

Liquid Paint Sealant - How many trucks out or a Bottle?

spx1000

Question

19 answers to this question

Order one.  You will be surprised as to how long it will last.  It isn't a product that you will apply every couple weeks.  I personally just apply it in the spring and in the fall.  And maybe one more time in between.  And just wax in between sealant applications when I feel it is necessary.  I have 3 vehicles one of them being a crew cab Duramax and have had the bottle for couple years.  Still have probably 2/3 to 3/4 of a bottle left.

Edited by LFairbanks

What is the cure time between coats? 30 mins?

Also during the winter I use paint sealant, and will start topping with Collinite 845 for added durability. Should one or both have multiple coats, and if so does the color of the car matter?

^I'd give at least 30 mins cure time personally, if not an hour.

If you are topping with Collinite 845 in winter just use that as a topper for winter maintenance, I.E. don't do coat of LPS and one of 845, then another coat of LPS, etc.

However, 2 thin coats of LPS should get you through winter no problem at all, no 845 necessary.

Hi Guy's, I know this is an open question but how many Trucks can you do out of one Bottle? Not sure if I need one or two.... Thanks

I'd say you'd be fine with one... odds are anyways, by the time you need more you'll need to restock something else (applicators, towels, detail spray, or something) The advice of 'order your detail products like you buy your groceries' applies - never buy more than you think you need for a season the same way you don't grab a gallon of milk if you only drink a glass or 2 a week. Make sense?

What is the cure time between coats? 30 mins?

Also during the winter I use paint sealant, and will start topping with Collinite 845 for added durability. Should one or both have multiple coats, and if so does the color of the car matter?

30 minutes recommended, but in the hot/dry months I've layered immediately with no ill effects. Never hurts to give it a few extra minutes if you can spare it though.

In terms of color - doesn't really matter. Most of the 'look' comes from your prep (decon and polishing) and the LSP choice(s) will only enhance whats already there. Obviously white will never look 'deep' so applying wax in hopes of getting a deep/wet look on white or silver is like throwing your cat in the air in the hopes it sprouts wings and starts to fly.

I'd say you'd be fine with one... odds are anyways, by the time you need more you'll need to restock something else (applicators, towels, detail spray, or something) The advice of 'order your detail products like you buy your groceries' applies - never buy more than you think you need for a season the same way you don't grab a gallon of milk if you only drink a glass or 2 a week. Make sense?

I would also add that it my experience, by the time you need a second bottle of sealant (lasts several years in my case) Adam's may have a newer/improved formulation out. 

I would also add that it my experience, by the time you need a second bottle of sealant (lasts several years in my case) Adam's may have a newer/improved formulation out. 

To that point, one additional recommendation I'd make -

Get the LPS for your primary protection, also add a bottle of HGG to the process and use that to boost and layer more protection on after every few washes.

I use the liquid paint sealant pretty much solely on trucks and SUV's since thats what I have.

It lasts me a good long time, especially since the liquid paint sealant is something that you only apply every few months. 

My last bottle did my long bed f150 3 times, an explorer twice, a dodge ram 2500 once, a corolla once, and a tesla once and I still have a little bit left!  my favorite adam's product by far!

I did my 2003 X5, including glass, with my old liquid sealant 2 weeks ago and used approx 1/2 to 3/4 an ounce.  Smaller cars prob 1/4 to 1/2 ounce.  So I'd say at a minimum if you are using 3/4 ouce, you'll get about 24 vehicles out of one bottle.  It doesn't take much product to spread a thin layer.