Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Woolies

LT1xL82

Question

Will Adam's be bringing back the Wheel Woolies set they no longer sell?

Are all "Wheel Woolies" of a specific size and shape the same, or are some of the products sold by one seller materially different than another? Many look very similar, with perhaps different labeling on the handles...but are they all equivalent? Or are some cheapo look-a-likes that are best avoided?

16 answers to this question

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-wheel-woolie.html

Adam's still has their exclusive spoke back wheel woolie (greater bend and grip), but if you want the set of 3 straight ones you will have to go else where.  Any of them made by Braun are genuine.  However, when Adam's offered them, they had more material and longer handles.

Is that to say companies other than Braun are making them?

In other words, is "Wheel Woolies" a brand name that can only be used by Braun and it's licensees or has "Wheel Woolies" become a generic term used by anyone marketing a knock-off? 

Our Wheel Woolie 3 part set was unique - the large was the same as others offered out there, but the medium had a larger head and the handle was a bigger diameter and longer than the stock medium brush, and the small was a different spec in size as well. What ended up happening was most customers didn't want all 3 for all situations, and the medium and large were very popular, so the bent shaft design with the handle was created as an inbetween that also offered better reach.

I have the original set that, and still use them every time I clean wheels or engine bays. I just wish the small one had a longer handle.

The bent wheel woolie is awesome, but doesn't clear my brake rotors in the front. I wish it was smaller diameter.

Your PM may be full: "The member b_pappy cannot receive any new messages"

Sorry about that, should be clear now.

You can always email me too, bruce4adams@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Bruce

^Buy them from Eric if you don't have them, the 3 piece set Adam's had was nicer than the standard set IMO.  Love mine, been using them well over a year now

Hey Jason, what's the approx diameter of the head on the small one? I have hard time cleaning around the lug nuts with the Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush.

Hey Jason, what's the approx diameter of the head on the small one? I have hard time cleaning around the lug nuts with the Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush.

Hey Dan I can take a measurement for you tonight but I believe its right around an inch.  When wet you probably can squeeze it into 3/4" spaces.  The Adams Lug Brush should be 1.25" diameter.

Do you have large area around your lugs?  My X5 is extremely tight around the lug nuts and yes sometimes the lug brush can't get to it, but the small woolie is too thick to get between the lug nut and the hole for them, so I just live with a bit of dirt there.

Hey Dan I can take a measurement for you tonight but I believe its right around an inch.  When wet you probably can squeeze it into 3/4" spaces.  The Adams Lug Brush should be 1.25" diameter.

Do you have large area around your lugs?  My X5 is extremely tight around the lug nuts and yes sometimes the lug brush can't get to it, but the small woolie is too thick to get between the lug nut and the hole for them, so I just live with a bit of dirt there.

Yes, my wheels have deep recesses around the lug nuts, but the gap is just a little bigger than a pencil diameter wide.  Really hard to get these cleaned out, the Trim & Lug Nut Brush gets the lug nuts clean, but the walls of the recesses are still dirty.

I might try one of the Interior Detailing Swabs, but my guess is it will get destroyed before I could finish all four wheels.

20150519_192139.jpg

Dan, I don't think a wheel woolie is going to get in there at all. The handle on the smallest one is bigger than that pencil.

Maybe try getting the lugnut brush over top of the lug nuts and get it to fan out inside the recess. Or hold the bristles to guide them into the area.