Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless and All Purpose cleaner

Nudge

Question

It's been raining and still is, off and on.  I want to do a rinseless wash in the garage in preparation of applying Paint Sealant.  The car has a relatively new coat of wax on it now, so I also want to remove that before applying the sealant.  Can I put All Purpose Cleaner in with Rinseless without removing the benefits of lubricity? Or should I confirm neighborhood suspicions that I'm crazy and do a 2-bucket wash outside in the rain?

6 answers to this question

I'd go a different route - rinseless wash it, then follow with an IPA wipe down. Rinseless is a no foam, soapless cleaner - adding something like APC which does foam pretty substantially might have unwanted effects.

Can't say I've personally tested it, but doesn't in theory work out IMO.

Technically I would say it would work out ok, but Dylan's method is prob the best route.

If doing the APC, I wouldn't add it in the Rinseless bucket.  I would dilute the APC first (full strength not necessary, prob like an 8:1 dilution should work fine), spray a bit of rinseless on the panel for lubricity, spray a few sprays of diluted APC on the panel to break up grime and wax, then follow over the panel with your rinseless soaked towel to wipe it all away, and dry as usual.  Done like that its pretty efficient.

I was doing my mother in-law's hammered vehicle with another brand's APC and a different rinseless product and had no issues, I used the APC to spray down the heavily tarred, bug guts areas, then followed with my normal pre-soak, and lastly the rinseless soaked towel, and dried, came out great!  As long as you aren't working in the sun spraying the APC on the panel you are good.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I followed Dillion's advice before I read your post. It didn't take too long to do a isopropyl wipe. But, I may try your recommendation next time. One other question, I have a water softener with a hose connection so I filled my buckets from that. But, the rinseless did not feel slickery at all. Should it be real slick? Or, is it an issue to mix it with soft water?