Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anybody in the Bronx feel like whipping some tail? J/K Venting

ramflava

I had my debit card number stolen somehow and the turd that did it purchased a PS3 bundle, and ps3 game, and an LED HDTV. It drained my account and nearly made me bounce a check and miss some payments. Lucky I got paid the next morning and I have emergency funds.

The a-hole shopped Kohls online and I was able to get the city and state that he ordered it to as well as the order number. Using some investigative skills, I found the address, UPS tracking number, and name of the idiot.

I live in NM, so there is no handling this myself, so NYPD has been notified. I suspect they're very busy, so I hope they'll have a chance to pop this moron!

My bank will be helping me get my money back, but in the mean time they cancelled my debit card and it will take 7-10 days for my new one. I basically have no means of getting money for myself. I either use a credit card (I'd rather not) or I have my wife go get what I need or get cash for me.

I HATE THIEVES!!

I had my debit card stolen a few years ago. The criminal spent over $700 at a Bed, Bath and Beyond in Detroit!  What?  How many bath towels does one person need?

My bank told me it was probably an "inside job".  Someone at that store at least helped the criminal use my card number since they didn't have the card and I suspect they didn't look anything like me.....

The banks just write it off.  I don't know what that means but that's what they do....

Mike,

I can understand you pain, although what happened to me was caught by VISA Fraud protection before it got too far.

While at work today, I had a call from an 800 number I didn't recognize, so I let it go, They left a voicemail, so I did listen to that.

Seems someone tried to use my card in another state, and VISA Fraud protection called to verify if I was indeed using it for those items and activities. I said NO, I am still in Michigan, not west, and they locked my card from further use, without processing those items.

Luckily for me, it didn't actually cost me anything other than being unable to use my card for anything until a new one is sent.

Had to call my bank to cancel, and order a new one, and need to go there tomorrow to get some cash to cover any expenses until the new one arrives.

About 8 years ago, my debit card was used like yours, and they cleaned out my account, on a payday, and it took a long time to get everything sorted out and recovered back then, but eventually worked out and life resumed to normal.