Customer Service 866.965.0400

What do you use to wash with?

dmonotjr

Question

First off- im not a big fan of any wash mit. every time I attempt to use one, i have to hand pick out tiny pieces of sticks and other harsh contaminants, even if it has been stored properly. so i use an old 10"x10" microfiber polishing towel that was with an old armor all kit from years ago. i love how soft it is, and has a long pile on one side, short pile on the other, and is very plush!! i wish adams had a wash cloth similar to this, cause mine is just starting to come unthreaded on the edges, will need replacing soon. but i have yet to find another like it.

i believe thats the same pad my buddy has. and every time i went to use it- had all kinds of stuff tangled in the long "fur". i been trying to google this microfiber cloth i have, but no luck finding another one yet

I love the old Merino Wool Mitt, needs to be brushed out once a year or so.  But it doesn't shed which is great.

The Wedge is nice, I'm still evaluating whether I like it though, something about how thick it is I don't get a tactile feel.

I want to try the Incredmitt and Incredisponge, as I've heard great things.  The Adam's Wash Pads are economical though, and honestly the best way to clean them out is lay them on top of the grit guard, rinse them out from the center towards the outside, gets them perfect every time.  Flip over, do the other side, squeeze and shake it out, lay to dry.

I really wanted to like the merino wool mitt, but it disintegrated and tangled too fast. It was a constant struggle to keep tangle free. I ended up demoting them to tailpipe duty.

Been using the same one for the past 3-4 years and I've never heard of this or had an issue. Where did you buy from?

I'm still using a Merino wool wash mitt (although I never put my hand into it - I use it like a wash pad) but I just ordered the new wash wedge.

I love the Merino and have never had any trouble keeping it clean and fresh (a cheap brush from the dollar store does the trick) but I'm anxious to try out the new wedgie.

Typically used the Adam's pads in the past, but after using the new Wash Wedge, it seems like I am using that more often than the pads.

One for top panels, one for lower panels. Still use pads on some vehicles which are a little larger, so I can cover more area than the wedge.

I have been using 2 Adam's 10"x10" wash pads, but I hate how debris gets caught up in them sometimes (mostly on the one the I use for the rocker panels). I usually pick out the big pieces of debris, then I put them in the washing machine using unscented baby detergent and they have been coming out debris free every time.

After watching the Shine Doc's video on the wash wedge last week I finally bought one and used it this morning. So far I like it and will make it part of my normal washing routine. I personally would like it if they made a micro fiber wash pad using the good micro fiber that Adam's sells.

I actually found a similar microfiber wash pad like mine, but it is 16x16- way too big to use for washing imo. but it does have the same silk edging as mine. i measured mine yesterday, its actually 12x11- a perfect size for hand washing a vehicle, not too small, not too big, just perfect

How are you guys getting so much debris in your wash pads? Do you not blast off any debris before actually washing the car?

9 times out of 10 its improper use of the grit guard. Instead of going in a back and forth motion rubbing the mitt/pad over the guard to remove debris, people go in a circular motion and then the guard just spins.

Like I said I use the Merino Mitt, I haven't corrected my truck since Sept 14 and there is minimal swirling. So to my logic, my wash method and products are doing the work. 2 Bucket Wash with Adam's Shampoo, a squirt of Rinseless to soften the water, Merino Mitt for Uppers and 2 Wash Pads for lowers (I never reintroduce a dirty side of the pads I use for lowers to paint).

Edited by Kingsford

the few times i did use a wash pad, any debris/contaminates would not come loose with scrubbing against the grit gaurd. once something was tangled in the "fur", it had to be picked out by hand. the debris/contaminates are small items falling from the trees , ie: leaves, lady bugs, anything that i may have missed while rinsing off my vehicle.

9 times out of 10 its improper use of the grit guard. Instead of going in a back and forth motion rubbing the mitt/pad over the guard to remove debris, people go in a circular motion and then the guard just spins.

Like I said I use the Merino Mitt, I haven't corrected my truck since Sept 14 and there is minimal swirling. So to my logic, my wash method and products are doing the work. 2 Bucket Wash with Adam's Shampoo, a squirt of Rinseless to soften the water, Merino Mitt for Uppers and 2 Wash Pads for lowers (I never reintroduce a dirty side of the pads I use for lowers to paint).

I can see that being an issue. I usually do a left and right circular motion but my grid guards don't move in the bucket. I haven't corrected the CC since about August 2014, and nothing more than a couple fine scratches here and there.

the few times i did use a wash pad, any debris/contaminates would not come loose with scrubbing against the grit gaurd. once something was tangled in the "fur", it had to be picked out by hand. the debris/contaminates are small items falling from the trees , ie: leaves, lady bugs, anything that i may have missed while rinsing off my vehicle.

Sometimes you have to manually pull stuff off out of a wash pad. Kinda name of the game. At the same time the wash pad is doing its job by grabbing the debris from your paint.

Might be worth it try and rinse a little bit better prior to washing. Especially in areas on the vehicle that are prone to catching things like stuff from trees, etc.