Customer Service 866.965.0400

waterless wash towel vs Great white drying towel

kfxjc

Question

Other than the color what is the difference between the two?

Its obvious the waterless towel is designed to be used with the waterless wash but they both have the waffle weave and both dry the car.

Is their a size difference? can they be used in place of each other?  1 GW is $25 and 2 waterless towels are $17.

Thanks and sorry if its a stupid question.

post-12926-0-65230800-1432823634_thumb.pngpost-12926-0-19891900-1432823648_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

I prefer the Great White over the other one for drying. I can do my whole car with one, then follow up with a small one just for good measures in case I missed a spot. At the end, the big one is pretty soaked and the small one almost completely dry.

goheels, I ordered a sidekick yesterday.  Depending how I like it I might also order a master blaster.  I own a nice little fleet of cars so saving some time and towels would be awesome. 

goheels, I ordered a sidekick yesterday.  Depending how I like it I might also order a master blaster.  I own a nice little fleet of cars so saving some time and towels would be awesome. 

I have had the sidekick for 3 years before owning the MB.  If you are planning on drying cars (or fleets of them), do yourself a favor and return the sidekick.  (It is now collecting dust in my cabinet.)

^x2.  The Sidekick is good for blowing out trim and handles, but it is not really practical for completely drying a car with no towels.  I would get 80% of the water off with the Sidekick and blow out all the nooks and crannies, then go back with Detail Spray and a towel to finish up.

The Master Blaster, however, moves A LOT more air, making a touchless dry possible.  I have the Revolution and really like the long, 30-foot hose.  The hose is lightweight and easily maneuverable, so you don't have to move the machine.

I like drying most surfaces with the towels so I can inspect the paint as I go.  I planned to just use the sidekick for now to blow out the water that gets trapped in the mirrors ect.  My dually with tow mirrors will drip water out from behind them for a whole day when drying with just a towel.  Those water marks down the doors drive me nuts haha.

Edited by kfxjc

I have had the sidekick for 3 years before owning the MB.  If you are planning on drying cars (or fleets of them), do yourself a favor and return the sidekick.  (It is now collecting dust in my cabinet.)

If you want to get rid of that Sidekick let me know, I actually was going to use it with the short hose Metro sells to dry my dog off after a bath LOL

If you want to get rid of that Sidekick let me know, I actually was going to use it with the short hose Metro sells to dry my dog off after a bath LOL

you mean like this?

afquickdraw_0.jpg?itok=GW7swTV9 DataVacElectricDuster.jpg?itok=deBkLNNI

Metro Vac paints them orange for pet use, and white for tech use.

Guest washemup

Either towel will absorb water.

I am curious if you are doing a "pooling rinse" prior to drying?

I can remove around 85% of the water left on the car using this technique, which leaves very little surface water to get off after washing. 1 spray of Adams Detail Spray per panel takes care of the rest, so the only areas that require air are the one's the towel can't get to.

Here is a video of Adam and Dylan doing this and explaining it. It will save you a LOT of drying time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGFSJveN_6Y