Customer Service 866.965.0400

Used H2O Guard & Gloss for the first time

SCMatt

Question

Used it two days ago for the first time.  Really was thicker than I anticipated but this might be my new all time favorite product.  I live basically in a neighborhood sandwiched between a brick factory and a cement factory both give or take 2 blocks away.  My car is a daily driver and has no garage.  Needless to say I ALWAYS have a dust layer on my car.  I had learned to live with it, its an outdoor DD after all right?  Fast forward to the Guard and Gloss, used it to see what it was about and couldn't be more impressed.  I've never seen my car look this clean for this long (yes even 2 days).  Everything just flies right off of it now instead of sticking to it.  Water beads excellent, dust blows off when I move, shine is still there.  And it didn't add hardly any time to the routine because I was drying the car as I used this stuff.  Really really like this product so far.

Side note, used 2 of the new Wash Wedges as well.  Mostly good feeling towards these.  They are much more durable than they look and they feel when you take them out of the box.  I found that they are MUCH easier to clean at the end of a wash AND during a wash on a grit guard than a wash pad ever was and this is a big plus for me.  They dry much quicker as well.  They seem to be doing a fine job washing, equal to that of a wash pad on the car but I guess since my hand is further away it feels like it's not doing as much.  I don't feel like I can really get in there you know?  It was definitely easier to hold than a slippery flat wash pad though.  It has replaced my wash pads for now though, they won't be getting wet for a while.

That Guard and Gloss though...... :bow:

17 answers to this question

It’s a great product.  First time I used it, I thought it was a weird process of applying it wet, since it’s water activated.  After a few days I noticed how dust was not clinging onto my paint as much as before. Paint is smooth and any visible light dust is easily removed. Thanks adam’s Polishes for a great product to compliment the liquid paint sealant.

Ive mentioned this in a thread or 2, but I would suggest using the above application method, but also switch out the sprayer/bottle. I used a Tolco Gold sprayer, and it atomized the product perfect and drastically cut down on the amount of product I used.

Try it with a soaked wet Microfiber Applicator for applying it, go around the whole car, and just wipe down any residues after with a Double Soft, by far an extremely easy process!

This really made H20GG even better for me. I put a good coating on and after a few weeks did this technique with the microfiber applicator. My silver Z71 couldn't be more shiny and protected.

It has definitely become one of my "can't do withouts".   Got a gallon after the first use.  When people are asking you what you're using on your car............that speaks for itself. 

Great product.  :2thumbs:

I agree. I just ordered a gallon today!

While $80 per gallon isn't cheap, look at it in terms of applications. An average application will use 3-4oz... So on the high side that's 32 applications from 1 gallon.

At 1-2 months per application a gallon should be enough to keep a car protected for years.

Ive mentioned this in a thread or 2, but I would suggest using the above application method, but also switch out the sprayer/bottle. I used a Tolco Gold sprayer, and it atomized the product perfect and drastically cut down on the amount of product I used.

I tried it with the Gold Tolco sprayer, and it worked much better!  It took a few sprays to find the best setting, but I was able to get a finer 'mist' type spray, and that made it easier to spread and cover more evenly.

I used it on all three of my cars recently.  I can't explain how nice it is to get some shine and protection down so quickly while drying!  I don't think the wife even realized I was putting a sealant on.  I did the three vehicles and it looks like theres probably enough to do atleast another vehicle yet.  So for me 4 good sized vehicles, thats not bad at all.  I wouldn't normally put it on my Firebird but I had a coolant hose blow off on it while I was driving down the highway the other day.  Made a huge mess!  So I gave it a rare water bath, and decided to put the H2OGG on it and it was super fast!  Which was good because I was short on time but wanted to get something on it after all that happened.  

I used the free 4oz sample that I got on my last purchase and the pump sprayer lays down a finer mist than the 16oz trigger sprayer. I bet I used less than an oz to do all the painted surfaces