Customer Service 866.965.0400

Feedback on New Car Shampoo......

Just a little feedback on the new formulated car shampoo.....

I've been using Adam's products since 2007 and this is the first time I've been displeased with a product.

I must say I'm very disappointed the old car shampoo was discontinued. I really miss it now. I'm not a fan of the new car shampoo, the performance was poor with my foam gun compared to the old formula and I don't like the smell. I got much less suds with the new stuff vs the old.

Does anyone know where I can get a gallon of the old formula? I tried a 16oz bottle of the new stuff, but wish to go back to the old stuff.

Thanks

Edited by Mark L

I'm in the same boat, I miss the old as well. Ive tried quite a few different combos in my foam cannon with little luck. The red puts a nice, thick coat on it every time though.

Agreed.

I noticed immediately with my foam gun. I put about 4 oz of the new shampoo and the suds weren't as thick as they were with the old shampoo.

I have to say the old shampoo smell was my all time favorite, smelled like cherry bubblegum. 

Does anyone know where I can get a gallon of the old formula? I tried a 16oz bottle of the new stuff, but wish to go back to the old stuff.

Thanks

Amazon has 14 of the old gallons yet.

Surprised to hear this, as I found that the new version produced the same amount of foam as the old version.  I tested them side-by-side, 3oz in the MTM Foam Cannon.

M1 copy.jpg

The full test is in Post #106 in this thread http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27009-adamized-the-raptor/page-6

Maybe we can help trouble-shoot with a few more details.  What foam cannon or gun are you using?  What was the weather?  I get thicker foam and more hang time when it is cooler out, much less so when it is hot.  Also make sure you are shaking the mixture really well, as I noticed that the blue shampoo does not mix with the water like the red did.  The red would mix just adding it to the water, the blue pretty much sinks to the bottom.

I recently received the new blue version, but I have not used it yet as I have been using up my stock of the red soap.

My wife used the new soap today, not in the foam gun, but in a 2-bucket wash. She has used the prior version many times and has always liked the way it performs.

She told me that she did not like the new version at all. Saying that did not have good lubricity and did not foam up like the old version. This was on a car that was clayed, decontaminated and sealed 2 weeks ago. I was very surprised and not expecting to hear this.

Now I definitely want to test it out myself soon and evaluate the product myself. I have always loved the red soap and I hope there is an explanation for the cause of the difference.

I've gotta say I'm surprised to learn of people's disappointment too. I loved the old version, but have certainly noticed that the blue stuff produces foam that dwells better from the foam gun and feels more slippery when used. The scent is still good though it may be debatable if it beats the red version. I went to the Adam's dealer in Hawaii yesterday and they still only had the old version so I was disappointed, but maybe it's an opportunity for others.

Surprised to hear this, as I found that the new version produced the same amount of foam as the old version.  I tested them side-by-side, 3oz in the MTM Foam Cannon.

attachicon.gifM1 copy.jpg

The full test is in Post #106 in this thread http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27009-adamized-the-raptor/page-6

Maybe we can help trouble-shoot with a few more details.  What foam cannon or gun are you using?  What was the weather?  I get thicker foam and more hang time when it is cooler out, much less so when it is hot.  Also make sure you are shaking the mixture really well, as I noticed that the blue shampoo does not mix with the water like the red did.  The red would mix just adding it to the water, the blue pretty much sinks to the bottom.

I'll give this a shot next time.

I did the same as before, put about 4oz of shampoo into the water, then foamed.

I just noticed the foam wasn't as thick and tended to break down faster.

I'm just being 100% honest in my assessment of the new shampoo.

I'm a firm believer in the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and I believe the original car shampoo was an Adam's staple that shouldn't have been changed. 

Now if only I could get my hands on a 5 gallon mix of the red car shampoo  :D

Edited by Mark L

I do not know if it makes any difference, but I only put 1.5 - 2 oz of shampoo in my cannon, use a slow flow of warm/hot water to fill it 80-90% full, turn it upside down and right ride up 3-4 times and lathers up perfect to more than cover our sedans.

A factor that can impact things is water quality. High TDS in water, or even water that runs thru a softener first can have a pretty noticeable impact on foaming.

I'll take this opportunity to remind people of something though - foaming is only part of the equation, and not even the most important part. In theory I could create a soap that is the safest thing in the world to use, but won't foam at all (think rinseless) The biggest aspect of good car washing is how the surfactants remove the dirt and the lubrication keeps it from scratching. The foam really is partly show but partly carrier to allow for cling.

Delving a little deeper - creating a high foam/high lubricity soap is a balancing act b/c everything you do to create a soap thats slick is at opposition to foaming. For a little experiement try adding rinseless wash to your soap bucket and watch what the foam does. We struck a very nice balance with this new formula giving you as much lubrication as we could and still managing to create additional foam with less product vs. the old.

Guest washemup

I'm very surprised that people don't like the new shampoo. I get more suds and better lubricity with less product used each wash vs old soap.

I see less dirt in my rinse bucket after washing which I believe equates to more surface dirt being removed from initial foam gun application using 2 oz instead of 4 oz I used with the old soap.

I guess the new HGG could have a part in this as dust doesn't stick to my paint as much since using it.

I actually like the more subtle smell vs the old, I don't have every bug within shouting distance coming to check out my paint like I occasionally did with the old soap.

How many "pumps" are you guys putting into your foaming gun?

I did 4 pumps, which I equated to 4 oz. 

So for those with good results, you fill with water, then 4 pumps, then shake? 

With the old soap, I would squeeze 4 times from the 16 oz bottle, then fill to top with water (32oz reservoir for my foam gun), then I'd be getting thick suds.

I'm going to wash my truck again tonight and I'll try mixing it better as suggested. 

I hope I get better results.

The smell is a big letdown for me though, God do I miss that cherry bubblegum smell from the old soap, it's weird how we become nostalgic to certain smells. 

I'd like to get a foam cannon, but have never gotten around to it, one of these days. However, with the mandated water restrictions here in CA now, we're ONLY allowed to water our grass on Mondays and Thursdays, which also includes car washing, and only before 11AM or after 6PM. Sucks because the wind usually kicks up like crazy after 6PM, and trying to wash a black truck in windy weather is very frustrating.

time for a two bucket two car shampoo wash.  Blue in the bucket, red in the gun lol. 

Haha, I just need to find some red soap. Kicking myself for never pulling the trigger on the 5 gallon soap.

Mark are you only using 4 pumps from the new red tops vs 4 squeezes from the old style bottles wth dispensing caps???? That may be your issue.

4 pumps on the new red tops is only .7 oz or so, Dylan said the pump tops are .15 oz per pump

Mark are you only using 4 pumps from the new red tops vs 4 squeezes from the old style bottles wth dispensing caps???? That may be your issue.

4 pumps on the new red tops is only .7 oz or so, Dylan said the pump tops are .15 oz per pump

Yeah I just spoke with Bejamin @ Adam's and he informed me the approximate volume per pump is about ..20-.25oz per pump.

So I had only really put in 1 oz, or maybe less.

He said 8-12 pumps would be sufficient.

I'll try that out later tonight when I wash and see how it goes.