Customer Service 866.965.0400

The ultimate test for liquid paint sealant

avvblanc01

Question

We all have that friend that doesn't take care of their car. The ones that make us OCD perfectionists cringe and wince in pain.

I have one of these friends, and decided to give him a bottle of Liquid paint sealant this past christmas to use on his truck. Its a 2005 dodge ram with black paint, that at the time, was just beginning to show signs of clear coat failure since it has lived, and continues to live, its life out doors.

He washed his truck right after christmas, clayed it, and applied liquid paint sealant to the drivers side of the truck before deciding that this whole detailing thing was just too much work, leaving the rest of the truck unprotected. 

Fast forward to today (june aka six months later) he shows up at my house. His truck hasn't been washed since december when he applied the liquid paint sealant, so I decide to take matters into my own hands and wash the dang thing so I can sleep at night...

THIS my friends, is the ultimate test of Adams Liquid paint sealant. The photos you are about to see are of six month old Adam's liquid paint sealant that was hastily applied, and after application, the vehicle was not washed for SIX MONTHS, and lived the entirety of those six months outdoors. The sealant has seen rain, mud, dust, lots of southern California sun, and a ton of miles since application, but the stuff still beads water. I was completely amazed.

This is the side with NO sealant. (note the water is in a sheet)

18185745688_442884ae7a_z.jpgUntitled by Andrew Villablanca, on Flickr

18185762678_1d659628ab_z.jpgUntitled by Andrew Villablanca, on Flickr

This is the side WITH six month old Adams liquid paint sealant: (note the beading)

18373705465_39b674390c_z.jpgUntitled by Andrew Villablanca, on Flickr

17751077044_b5f123ddfe_z.jpgUntitled by Andrew Villablanca, on Flickr

10 answers to this question

Well, heck... I'm even surprised your friend actually washed, clayed and sealed his truck, EVER! Lol. That's amazing for someone willing to not touch it or even run it through an auto wash in 6 months.

What gets me even more are the people I know who don't even clean their interiors. Friggin dirt-balls.

Well, heck... I'm even surprised your friend actually washed, clayed and sealed his truck, EVER! Lol. That's amazing for someone willing to not touch it or even run it through an auto wash in 6 months.

What gets me even more are the people I know who don't even clean their interiors. Friggin dirt-balls.

See he KNOWS how to do all this stuff, but he is just too damn lazy! haha He does it here and there with his other car, but the truck just doesn't get the same love... 

I was hoping that maybe the sealant would help him since its pretty minimal work, but maybe we're going to have to get him bottle of guard and gloss since thats even LESS work.  :P  

Dylan, feel like doing any worst case scenario testing for guard and gloss? haha

23 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

Bringin back an old thread....  has anyone tried GnG in a scenario like this?  I’d love to see how it holds up on bare paint without ever being cleaned or touched 

My 1999 Mercedes C280 has seen nothing but h20 since it's my daily. It usually holds up for about a month before beading becomes less apparent. I've been VERY impressed with its ability to last even without proper prep work especially since the car is outside kept at all times. 

Just for fun I actually just threw some h20 on my friends 944 Porche the a few days ago. The paint had no prior protection, and wasn't clayed first. The car is also kept outdoors 24/7. I washed the car, then sprayed it on before drying like I normally would. Keep in mind this was purely for fun and really proves nothing other than how well H20 can desperately cling to paint against all odds haha

I wanted to see how it would do worse car scenario. I'll post results in a few weeks!