Customer Service 866.965.0400

ASK THE SHINE DOC - Ep. 5: Caring for Suede / Faux Suede

Week 5 of Ask The Shine Doc actually answers a question that resulted from last weeks video. We covered how to care for perforated leather, but there were a ton of questions related to cleaning/care of suede or faux suede interior accents. This week we cover the basics of suede care, including daily maintenance and discuss light cleaning techniques. Enjoy!

IN THIS VIDEO: Cockpit Brush Edgeless Utility Towel Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

• 1 month later...

I have a stain on my faux suede seats and it's not coming out. I tried the carpet and upholstery cleaner and it didn't take care of it. The stain was oily, I believe it's from one of the silicone based lubricants for doors and other objects and unfortunately i made a mistake by spraying carpet and upholstery cleaner directly on to the stain, so at this point i'm not sure if the stain is done by the original spill or by the carpet and upholstery cleaner (the stain left is circular in shape). Any help is appreciated

Edited by Fierce5

I have a stain on my faux suede seats and it's not coming out. I tried the carpet and upholstery cleaner and it didn't take care of it. The stain was oily, I believe it's from one of the silicone based lubricants for doors and other objects and unfortunately i made a mistake by spraying carpet and upholstery cleaner directly on to the stain, so at this point i'm not sure if the stain is done by the original spill or by the carpet and upholstery cleaner (the stain left is circular in shape). Any help is appreciated

Thank God I was able to take care of the stain using hot water and just dabbing a clean white towel on the stain. This stain would have probably been baked in by now if I would have waited for an answer before I acted! Thank you anyways.

Thank God I was able to take care of the stain using hot water and just dabbing a clean white towel on the stain. This stain would have probably been baked in by now if I would have waited for an answer before I acted! Thank you anyways.

Thats good news Gabriel. Not sure how I overlooked this, but I apologize.

If for any reason in the future I miss a question, never hesitate to email me directly - dylan@adamspolishes.com or shinedoc@adamspolishes.com

Thats good news Gabriel. Not sure how I overlooked this, but I apologize.

If for any reason in the future I miss a question, never hesitate to email me directly - dylan@adamspolishes.com or shinedoc@adamspolishes.com

No worries, it happens! I actually found your write up on the caring for the Alcantara faux suede and this is how I knew to use hot water, so thank you for the write up!