Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing road paint from wheel wells

rshadd

Question

My father drove his truck through some road line paint and now the inside of the black plastic wheel wells are speckled with yellow paint.

Any suggestions for removing this paint?

He bought the truck new when he retired in 1998 and it stays inside most of the time and has never seen a winter. It's still like new with only 23K miles on the clock.

19092060201_b0fba4190f_c.jpg

8 answers to this question

Matt, do you know where you can purchase the Krud Kutter graffiti and road paint remover in a 32 oz bottle? I am only finding it in 55 gallon drums.

I got it from their website. When I get home I can post a link of you haven't found it.

I'm trying to remember how I used to clean the front wheel wells on my '98 Dakota. I think I used a stiff brush and dawn soap. The brush was pretty stiff, but it never scratched the plastic.

Matt, do you know where you can purchase the Krud Kutter graffiti and road paint remover in a 32 oz bottle? I am only finding it in 55 gallon drums.

This is what I used in the past https://www.menards.com/main/paint/solvents-cleaners-removers/strippers-removers/road-paint-graffiti-remover-16-oz/p-2203379-c-19344.htm

but it seems like they only sell it as graffiti remover now.  I guess you can contact Krud Kutter and ask if it is the same.